Skyguard

PDOP's

For that kind of pricing you could buy your own tracking system and have it sent to your computer. I just saw links somewhere on this forum the other day to tracking units.

Yes, that was in response to a question I had asked (& only got one response) - if I had the time, I'd post the thread link, but just do a search for "tracking" & "vfrpilot"; it'll come up :o

Edited by vfrpilot

After reading a bit more I suspect the reason they use their own computer is to introduce "price plans". The installed device would transmit the same info all the time since it's cheaper to make one gizmo than three. Then their computer would pare down what you are allowed to see and let them have different price plans. Rather than just sell the entire thing with a complete plan for the lower price and sell more of them...

This remind me of the old throttled 386 chips. Intel spent more money and design on the chips they sold for less than they did on the chips they sold for more. The Joy's of capatalizm.