Palm Zire21 & Paperless Caching

I have a Palm Zire 21 and am wondering if I can use it for paperless caching. If so, what is the best program use? I currently track all of my caching using GSAK and love it. I love the offline cache notes feature that is has. I would like something like this if possible.

Does anyone have any experience with the Palm Zire series (or the Zire 21 in particular)? Thanks for your help

Since you have GSAK, and I assume a Premium Membership on GC.com, then your almost there.

Check out Cachemate. It is a program that will run on your Palm. You can upload cache information to Cachemate from GSAK. You can log your finds in Cachemate including any trades or travel bug. After you Hotsync, you can run one of several macros available on the GSAK Macro page that will import the data from Cachemate. When you import the data it will automatically mark those caches as found in GSAK and also order then by the date and time found. The $8.00 cost of Cachemate is well worth it.

I know everyone raves about Cachemate and I am new to all this, but why isn't GeoNiche the better choice. From what I can see, GeoNiche does everything that Cachemate does and more. It is very customizable, too.

I think its because cachemate does everything that you would need it to do with ease. Also, you can load files to it right from GSAK.

I've been caching for a bit, but just got my Palm Zire 21 and my GPSr working! I use GSAK, Cachemate and the Palm Software with Cachemate. The $8 is WELL worth it. I also downloaded the mathlib module to I could calculate how far the next cache is. Once I got over the learning curve of creating .gpx files and getting Hotsync to work, I had to figure out how to get all this downloaded to the Palm.

I found an Web article on Paperless Caching in the UK that used these same software packages and it all worked once I put all the pieces togeter. I downloaded 500 waypoints, the software and the mathlib module and only used less than 2 megs on the Zire.

go for it, I'm glad I did. I also received GREAT help on this BBS, which gave me that last hint I needed to get everything working.

What's the difference of just hitting download on the CacheMate website as opposed to hitting purchase? Are the sofware versions identical or is the download link a "trial" version? Do you have to pay the $8 for the full version? I don't mind paying the $8, I just would like to test it out before committing to this software. Thanks.

The download version only allows you 10 caches, when you pay the $8 you get a registration code to 'unlock' the program. You can do everything with the unregistered version you can with a paid for version, just not with as many caches.