Forum Skins

Kllr Wolf

I noticed that there is a drop down menu for changing the forum skin, but that there is only one choice. Is there going to be more later? If so, I would like one that looked like the previous one. I like the new features of this one, but the look is not what I prefer.

Comparing it to the old forums, the new skin is slightly more "blue," but to me it's basically the same.

I'd classify it as more then "slightly" more blue. I'd say it's a heck of a lot more blue. In fact blue with no hint of green. The old color was most definitely green. When I first came here I thought I was in a different forum. Then I thought that a forum that I had just joined messed up this one. Maybe it has.

Edited by GeckoGeek

Comparing it to the old forums, the new skin is slightly more "blue," but to me it's basically the same.

I'd classify it as more then "slightly" more blue. I'd say it's a heck of a lot more blue. In fact blue with no hint of green. The old color was most definitely green. When I first came here I thought I was in a different forum. Then I thought that a forum that I had just joined messed up this one. Maybe it has.

Interesting how quickly people forget. :blink:

Here's how the forums looked for the last couple of years, up until this weekend:

killme3hs.jpg

Looks pretty blue to me!

Here's what the forums look like today (in case you really ARE geting messed up by another forums):

killme9ge.jpg

I noticed that there is a drop down menu for changing the forum skin, but that there is only one choice. Is there going to be more later? If so, I would like one that looked like the previous one.

The focus for this upgrade was to try to get the forums back to a fully working state. There are an enormous number of back-end changes that were made that should help the overall performance and hopefully solve the search engine issues we ran into. There were also major changes to the skin templates, so our old skin won't work with this new version. The skin that is here now is just the default skin that comes with the software and all we did was just drop in our logo at the top.

I too preferred the color scheme of the older skin and I'd imagine that once we've fixed all the little bugs that will crop up from this upgrade that we'll probably work on improving the look of the skin as well.

:blink: Elias

I noticed that there is a drop down menu for changing the forum skin, but that there is only one choice. Is there going to be more later? If so, I would like one that looked like the previous one.

The focus for this upgrade was to try to get the forums back to a fully working state. There are an enormous number of back-end changes that were made that should help the overall performance and hopefully solve the search engine issues we ran into. There were also major changes to the skin templates, so our old skin won't work with this new version. The skin that is here now is just the default skin that comes with the software and all we did was just drop in our logo at the top.

I too preferred the color scheme of the older skin and I'd imagine that once we've fixed all the little bugs that will crop up from this upgrade that we'll probably work on improving the look of the skin as well.

:ph34r: Elias

Cool, thanks for the info. I do understand that there are much more important things than the skin of the forums and appreciate the work you guys have been doing.

If you like the colour of the old Forums better... perhaps you can try adjusting your monitor to compensate? :o

Me... I like the Blue version better (gee I wonder why)

BTW... exterior frame appears to be 95% cyan with a touch of magenta and yellow. Headers... um 65% cyan, 30% magenta, 5% yellow.

Do I care? Nope! Am I serious? Not likely! :P

:ph34r: The Blue Quasar (percentages to be determined) :lol:

Edited by The Blue Quasar