Category Proposal: Natl Register Of Hist Places

I propose that the name of the category be "National Register of Historic Places".

The theme is historic places that merit inclusion in the [u.S.] National Register of Historic Places.

I propose that it be a subcategory under Directory Home > Places > Historic Places.

"The National Register of Historic Places is the Nation's official list of cultural resources worthy of preservation. Authorized under the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, the National Register is part of a national program to coordinate and support public and private efforts to identify, evaluate, and protect our historic and archeological resources. Properties listed in the Register include districts, sites, buildings, structures, and objects that are significant in American history, architecture, archeology, engineering, and culture. The National Register is administered by the National Park Service, which is part of the U.S. Department of the Interior." -- National Register of Historic Places

I propose that the name of the category be "National Register of Historic Places".

The theme is historic places that merit inclusion in the [u.S.] National Register of Historic Places.

I propose that it be a subcategory under Directory Home > Places > Historic Places.

WOW--Look at these statistics...Logged Visits>>>(1435 total) Visit the Gallery (3630 images) under previous L.C.s :laughing:

i have had a posting of a National Register of Historic Places plaque in 'my' TN Historical Markers Category.

i did not feel that this was a Historical Marker, but a Historic Place plaque. i denied it, so that 'when' the Historic Place category opens i will not have taken away from it, nor 'contaminated' the Historical Marker Category.

i greatly enjoyed the National Register of Historic Places Locationless. (it wasn't as hard to locate one that hadn't been found near me) If the owner of the cache does not want to own the Category, someone should {me? wink, wink}. The cache description contained all the necessary information to make the category description--directions and links to the Register.

This would be a rather sizable category, and hard to manage. i am suggesting this formatting.......

National Register of Historic Places->States->'mark'

this would allow for further growth and management of the category to

NRHP->State->County->'mark'

This would be a rather sizable category, and hard to manage. i am suggesting this formatting.......

National Register of Historic Places->States->'mark'

this would allow for further growth and management of the category to

NRHP->State->County->'mark'

I agree...that's probably a good way of managing such a large category....