South Machester Caches

We're planning a trip to where are we used to live (Hale, near Altrincham) this weekend and am looking to do as many caches as we can in a day.

I've got a list of a few possibles so far but was wondering if anyone with more experience of caches in the area had any suggestions of caches not to be missed (not too hard ones please).

My preference would be for nice easy ones for this trip and to return another time to do any series etc etc.

Also, any I should avoid (I see one near a Northenden roundabout that looks a bit iffy and not in an area you would want to be seen using a GPS, for example).

Thanks in advance.

Edited by The Bolas Heathens
Use this cache as a centre point and work from there,

Timperley Teaser...

I find that a lot of caches around this area take a little bit of preparation, so start looking now I recon.

Thanks Moote. I have the co-ords for that one and Broadheath already worked out and ready to go. Looking forward to my day out now as I know the area well, having been brought up there.

Here is my list of possibles so far:

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...cd-dd2c6eee170c

Ok. I've got a final list that we're going to run with. In the order we will attempt them:

Motorway Madness - M6 (a quick one on the way up the M6 to Manchester)

Motorway Madness - M56

Norman's Retreat

Broadheath

Timperley Teaser

Brooks Drive

Spotter's Lane

Spotter's Viewpoint

Spotter's Pasture

Bruntwood Park

2 Wheeled Wonder!

Motorway Madness - M60

Motorway Madness - M67

Motorway Madness - M66

Motorway Madness - A6144(M)

Between Two Camps

Around A Subway ) may miss these two out

Not Much Room! ) depending on time

Motorway Madness - The Madness Ends

I've no idea of the feasibility of all these in a day but we intend an early start and at least I know the areas most of the caches are in so driving should be easy.

Sound like a good plan?

One you missed was MIATBX which is nice and easy,

good luck

Iain the bargee

Thanks Ian - I have that on my tentative list if we have time. Is it feasible to do the 19 I have planned in the day?

We managed 15 in a day with a late(ish) start on the Wirral last weekend although when caching near home the best we have managed is 7 in a day as there is a LOT of driving and walking required.

One you missed was MIATBX which is nice and easy,

good luck

Iain the bargee

Thanks Ian - I have that on my tentative list if we have time. Is it feasible to do the 19 I have planned in the day?

We managed 15 in a day with a late(ish) start on the Wirral last weekend although when caching near home the best we have managed is 7 in a day as there is a LOT of driving and walking required.

Not sure how feasible, but probably possible

M56, M6 and a6144M are next to the motorway in question but are accessed off local country lanes, not the motorway!!!! say about 1/3 mile down paths,

while M66 and M67 are drive bys on lanesw adjacent to the motorway.

and the maddness ends is...... well i'll let you find out where that one is :o

The spotter mini series are easy and quick, though viewpoint takes some looking

The rest are good fun though a few i cannot comment on as i haven't found them yet, myself.

Have fun

Iain the bargee

Not sure how feasible, but probably possible

M56, M6 and a6144M are next to the motorway in question but are accessed off local country lanes, not the motorway!!!! say about 1/3 mile down paths,

while M66 and M67 are drive bys on lanesw adjacent to the motorway.

and the maddness ends is...... well i'll let you find out where that one is :o

The spotter mini series are easy and quick, though viewpoint takes some looking

The rest are good fun though a few i cannot comment on as i haven't found them yet, myself.

Have fun

Iain the bargee

Thanks - I've got a few tip on the spotters ones so know what I'm looking for - just have to find them now as that one in particular looks tricky. I used to work just opposite them a few years ago and they would have made great lunchtime quickies.