Exactly What Is Meant By "grabbed It"?

4 Walls

From what I have seen Grabbing a TB is normally used when once geocacher hands the TB off to antoher geocacher instead of logging it into a cache. As a TB owner I recently grabbed several of my missing TBs so that I could re-release them using copy tags. Personally I would rather see my TBs logged into a cache and then logged out; however, if someone grabbing it means it'll keep moving them I'm just happy to know the TB is moving along.

How were folks at the event saying Grabbing should be used?

"Grabbed it" means that you have retrieved it from somewhere other than the cache that it was listed in.

1) Travel bug picked up from a cache, but not logged out, and put in another cache, but not logged in (This happened to a bug of mine in the Netherlands).

2) Travel bug handed to you (at an event, for instance), but in someone else's possession. You could grab it from that person (though it would better be logged into the event, and logged out by you.)

3) (Not approved of by many bug owners) If you mail a bug to another cacher, she can grab it from you.

4) Very impatient people (and this one irks me) who find a bug in a cache that it is not logged into, but don't have the courtesy to wait for you to log it into the cache, sometimes will grab it from you. This happened to me twice. One was two hours after I put the bug in the cache! Really messes up the TB's history.

5) Travel bug put into 'Unknown" or a TB graveyard, then refound, would have to be grabbed to put it back in play.

There may be other examples, but I can't think of them.

4) Very impatient people (and this one irks me) who find a bug in a cache that it is not logged into, but don't have the courtesy to wait for you to log it into the cache, sometimes will grab it from you.

Valid point, however *sometimes* you can wait for weeks for someone to log a TB into a cache. None of my friends do this though. :grin: