Regular Or Multi-cache

We have two caches done in that fashion. The first one we called a "mystery cache" and the second we called a "multi-cache" but the method to do each of them is basically the same. I would argue that it is easier to get the information for the final coordinates for the one labelled as a "mystery" cache, although neither of them are terribly difficult at all. However, plenty of people visit the "multi-cache" and it has been found dozens of times while the "mystery" cache has only been found twice and currently is our cache that hasn't been found in the longest amount of time of all 22 we own. People flat out avoid puzzle caches here - even if it is a simple task to obtain the final coordinates (in this case it isn't even a puzzle, but just a walk through of a disc golf course to get the final coordinates - playing disc golf on the way is encouraged, but optional) But there at least is enough interest in multi-caches to draw people to them.

I'm wanting to set a cache where you will have to go to multiple waypoints to find the final cache. Sounds like a multi to me. I don't, however, want you to find caches at each waypoint, but land features (how many boulders here=x, how many streams to cross=y) to add up and find final coords. Has anyone else encountered or setup something similar?

Yes.

If the coordinates you list on the cache page take you to the first waypoint, then it is a multi.

If the coordinates you list on the cache page are bogus, then it is a puzzle/mystery.

Either way it's not a "regular," that's a size. You probably were thinking "Traditional."

Hope this helps.

Right on the cache listing guidelines:

Traditional Caches

This is the original cache type consisting of (at a bare minimum) a container and a logbook. The cache may be filled with objects for trade. Normally you'll find a Tupperware-style container, ammo box, or bucket filled with goodies, or smaller container ("microcache") too small to contain items except for a logbook. The coordinates listed on the traditional cache page are the exact location of the cache. A container with just an object or codeword for verification, and no logbook, generally, does not qualify as a traditional cache.

If the box is anywhere else other than the coordinates on the page, it is NOT a traditional. In other words, I should be able to take a list of Traditional Caches and their coordinates and go out and find each one.