Placing A Cache?

What do you feel about placing a cache at a church? The cache itself would be just a regular cache with no religious items or message. I just wanted to place one there since there are none in the general area and I'm by there a lot anyway. I have asked the Pastor and Staff and they have no problem with it. Is this appropriate?

I guess it would depend on where at the church it is. I don't think I would feel right entering a church to find one, but I've found a cache that was near the parking lot of a church.

Just make sure you let people know not to try to find it on a Sunday morning. The parking lot may be full, or if they get there just before services are over people leaving the church may be a little put off by people in or near the parking lot looking in trees or under rocks.

How sad someone has to worry about offending someone by placing a cache on church grounds. Man Up People....

The beauty of it is that if by having beliefs someone else froths at the mouth over them and rants and raves over something which they have no control over (just as I don't have any control over their froth spewing antics) you have a new form of cheap entertainment.

How sad someone has to worry about offending someone by placing a cache on church grounds. Man Up People....

Interesting. Is this a pre-emptive strike? I've found benchmarks on several churches. But I would not go into a church looking for a cache. I have more respect than that.

I'd say, in this case, it depends on whether there's a good reason to hide a cache on church grounds. (Not that many caches have a good reason for being hidden where they are hidden.) I cannot say that I would go looking for a cache on church property. So, my answer is No, I don't think it's a particularly good idea, but it would depend on the circumstances.