A Coin Idea I Want To Steal

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

I worked out a deal with the original person

Thought I was the first one to post that one ...

Hope they turn out well!

I guess we could joint venture to do a competing one . . . Naw . . . just kidding.

There are lots of good ideas out there :D:D

Why not? There are two micro film cans! :ph34r:

I posted a few ideas a while back with this being one of them

bubblemailer.jpg

Sorry, I never saw one before this one.

I'll search to try to find that thread

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=116945

Dated Dec. 20

D

Edit to post thread link. The picture was posted again on another thread but again

NO ABILITY TO SEARCH!!! (personal rant). You would think restoring that in some capacity would reduce the number of duplicate posts.

Edited by D@nim@l

geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

You guys must really must have a wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket if you are coming up with ideas like this.

I think more appropoate would be a coin dedicated to that clear, plastic USPS baggie that says "WE CARE" (but really don,t that we destroyed your mail). I seem to be getting a lot of those empty these days.

Edited by Rupert2

I think more appropoate would a coin dedicated to that clear, plastic USPS baggie that says "WE CARE" (but really don,t that we destroyed your mail). I seem to be getting a lot of those empty these days.

I personally think it has more to do with how it was packaged. If more people would only read Jaybee's Geocoin Shipping Method, A Shipping Primer.... found in the pinned section for those new to coin collecting, it really could aleviate a lot of the problems with missing coins.

geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

You guys must really must have a wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket if you are coming up with ideas like this.

I think more appropoate would be a coin dedicated to that clear, plastic USPS baggie that says "WE CARE" (but really don,t that we destroyed your mail). I seem to be getting a lot of those empty these days.

I've been thinking of a clear coin, just not sure how to do it yet ...

geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

I think more appropoate would be a coin dedicated to that clear, plastic USPS baggie that says "WE CARE" (but really don,t that we destroyed your mail).  I seem to be getting a lot of those empty these days.

I got a coin yesterday that came in a white regular envelope :) . Needless to say it wasn't in there no more, the envelope was tore open.

So (personal infromation removed by moderator), please contact me.

Edited by Eartha
geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

I think more appropoate would be a coin dedicated to that clear, plastic USPS baggie that says "WE CARE" (but really don,t that we destroyed your mail).  I seem to be getting a lot of those empty these days.

Its glass or plastic with laser etch in the center - tilt the coin and then light will be diffracted and you will be able to read/see what’s there.

sheba_dna_1.jpg

Edit: More Information Link

Edited by pcfrog
geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

Transparent Aluminum... :):)

PCFrog - Thanks for the link. This is one way of making the coin that I've been considering, but I wasn't aware of that site. I'm also looking at ways to cast them in a mold then have them etched and/or carved.

Allanon - I never really thought about transparent aluminum, but the last time I saw it used, it was just too thick. I think that technology needs to advance a bit more. :mad: