I Have A Bridge Question.

allwayslooking_99

Bridge question? Sixteen to eighteen points and a balanced hand to open one no trump.

Oops. I would say that that is not a wise idea. It's a vehicular bridge. That's a no-no with our police state, and not in the best interests of Geocaching.com, either. Hey, I got questioned by police for looking for a benchmark (set by a government agency) on a small bridge to nowhere.

Suggestion, avoid problems and put it somewhere else.

If it's over a roadway, anyone stopping along the bridge may be looked at as a potential jumper. Some bridges have enclosed fences or other barriers, but it's something to keep in mind. Does it have to be on the bridge? Is there a redeeming value for placing it there? If you want folks to experience the walk, you can put the intermediate points at opposite ends.

I've placed on a ped bridge over a river, but would not over traffic. Our reviewers here would most likely denie the approval as it could be construde as a potential threat to the infrastructure (a terrorist could blow up the bridge over traffic) or someone would throw something off into traffic or something similar.

Could use some feature of the bridge as a redirector in a multi though... i.e. how many street lights on it, etc.

Good luck!

As long as traffic is not leading to, say, a military installation, or other similar type of infrastructure, I doubt terrorists will be concern with blowing up a pedestrian bridge.

It appears safe to me to give it a shot; time to see what your reviewer will say.

Good luck.

Three issues. One has been pointed out (removable as if it were never there).

A plaque isn't likely to cause a report of a suspicious object.

However a pedestrian bridge over a high traffic road makes the cache muggle bait. No matter the other issues this would not last long if you could not affix it in a fashion that was permanent.

Now if you spoke with the city/county/highway district about making a plaque and putting it on the brige (in other words its' real and relates to the bridge) and used it as part of your clue you may very get permission and an essentially permanent mount. It would probably be expensive though.

Edited by Renegade Knight