Congratulations On 100 Finds!

The Golem

Well done.

It may not be necessary BUT Archaic Charmer = Armchair Cacher

Just in case you have not read other threads, it does appear as though he/she does not leave their home, sign log books or even find them in the first place.

Please, lock this thread.

Oss!

Your're right. My fault for whizzing through the headers and not exactly reading them!! They'll get bored in the end anyway. And, credit where credit is due. (possibly not here though) Takes a lot of dedication to thier cause (whatever that is - possibly bordom and no friends) to spend that amount of time logging thier 'finds'. :P:(:P

Lost 2 of his finds recently; maybe we could help him loose some more :(

Why does anyone even care? It has no real detrimental effect on anyone else's enjoyment of the game if someone chooses to behave this way, yet lots of people seem to be getting in a flap over it.

You wouldn't catch me running out to police my caches. Which is more sad, claiming finds you haven't made, or giving up an afternoon to go and check whether or not someone found your cache and then rushing home to delete their log because they haven't?

You wouldn't catch me running out to police my caches. Which is more sad, claiming finds you haven't made, or giving up an afternoon to go and check whether or not someone found your cache and then rushing home to delete their log because they haven't?

What about having a quick look in the logbook during routine maintenance and then deleting the online 'found' log of someone who, by any reasonable definition of geocaching as a game or a sport, has cheated?

Why does anyone even care? It has no real detrimental effect on anyone else's enjoyment of the game

Yes it does! see the other thread.

T

Read it, still don't see your point. If you mean claiming FTF, then as they haven't found it they aren't FTF. You would still get to sign an empty logbook and (hopefully) enjoy finding the cache.

What about having a quick look in the logbook during routine maintenance and then deleting the online 'found' log of someone who, by any reasonable definition of geocaching as a game or a sport, has cheated?

I doubt it, as I said, it has no effect on me so why spend my time doing it? I often find on maintenance visits that people have signed the logbook and not logged their find on the website. I don't get aggrieved about that, or set up a sock puppet account and log it for them :( The rules of geocaching don't stipulate anything about logging finds on the internet, no cheating is going on, just false logs on geocaching.com

Ultimately, if everyone shared my outlook on this and paid no attention it would soon enough stop, the more wound up you let it get you, the more likely it is to keep happening!

I started this thread because I thought the practice was so sad it was funny, however everyone seems to be getting so up in arms about it, he's probably laughing like a drain... :P

This thread is now closed, I suggest we all just let the subject die quietly - perhaps the other thread could be closed too and we all just get on with logging our own real finds and talking about other more pressing matters on the forum... :(:P