Filtering Caches By Directions

cad-guy

I would like to be able to filter caches by direction from my current search place. Say I searching from my zip code, and I am going to head out east. There must be a way to select only those to the east, northeast or southeast, because the little icon on the left of the screen knows at which direction the cache is from my search zip.

What if while doiing an advanced search for caches, there were a checkbox to determine which directions you would like listed.

Not sure if this has been addressed in a thread or not. I'ts just something I was thinking about. I know that searching along a route has been discussed, but wasn't sure about the directional search. Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the hard work place on the website!

GSAK and CacheMate do this and are both fantastic. But I do agree with the OP that filter by bearing would be an excellent option for PQs. If I'm driving from L.A. to San Francisco and would like to cache along the way, I can build a more appropriate list with less PQ's if I could limit the search to caches that are N, NE and NW from the search point. It's not essential... but it would be nice! :)