Gsak And Paperless Caching

flannelman

I want to go paperless with the help of my palm m130 pda. I already use gsak to transfer the waypoints to my garmin etrex legend. Can someone give me a good idea about how to go paperless using gsak? I have already read the article in goecacher u on paperless caching but it doesn't really say much about gsak.

The topic is about a Palm so I'l through my voice in with Cachemate as well. And yes, its documentation does make it easy to get started. Its very intuitive and GSAK makes the process of sending caches to cachemate really simple. You should have no problems.

JDandDD

I want to go paperless with the help of my palm m130 pda. I already use gsak to transfer the waypoints to my garmin etrex legend.

You can take the GSAK -> .html export -> plucker or sunrise -> plucker on PDA.

Ranting sidebar:

I find GSAK maddening, like it was programmed by someone who had never seen another program's interface. Totally counterintuitive and I have been doing techdork stuff for about 30 yrs.

I know that is kin to heresy in this forum but there it is. I have deleted it and use gpsbabel+gpxspinner for my parsing+htmlgenerating needs, and sunrise for pluckerising.

How about something that works on WinCE devices?  :o

Pocket PC use Windows unlike the Palm. For PPC you use gpxsonar on your PPC and GSAK on your PC.

AMEN! ipaq wm5.0 + gsak + gpxsonar = I now have room for the granola bar in my pocket with no clipboard/backpack needed...most of the time! Hoorayyy! <_<