Anybody Lose A Cellphone?

continental drifter

Can you tell what service provider it has? Mine says Verizon on the front. I'm sure if you take it to one of them, they could charge it up enough to power it on and see whose number it has. They'd probably even take care of returning it so you'd have done your good deed and not have to bother with it anymore.

Can you tell what service provider it has? Mine says Verizon on the front. I'm sure if you take it to one of them, they could charge it up enough to power it on and see whose number it has.

I agree. I'd have to think that if my phone were turned into a Verizon store, they'd contact me somehow and get my phone back to me.

Jamie

The chip that is in the phone can be swapped out to another phone that is powered up and it will then work and the number of the phone can usually be checked or there may be stored numbers on it, for instance I have ICE on my cell phone with is an autodial #, try that and you may find the home of the owner. ***** If anyone finds a pair of glasses near Terrace Pond cache, those are mine.***

Edited by Packanack
Provided there isn't a PIN on the SIM card to stop people doing exactly what you are suggesting.

That's why turning it over to the carrier and letting them do the detective work makes sense. Their privacy rules probably prevent them from releasing the info to you, but they can take it and determine the owner, then contact them to return the phone, which the owner may have already replaced by now.

I lost mine at a cache last week, but found it after a 100 mile RT detour back to the cache, but I'd have replaced it the next day if I hadn't found it.