Jeep Travel Bugs

rossiter78

You mean you are actually supposed to leave them in a cache for someone else to find??!!?? Wow I thought you were supposed to log it into a cache then hand it to your buddy standing next to you so he could log it out again and keep it tied up for another month. 7 released within 20 mi. of here and 1 (that's ONE) has seen over 5 caches since June. 2 of them are currently in the possesion of one person who has held one since August, and the other since September, and neither has seen 4 caches.

Edited by RigRat1
You mean you are actually supposed to leave them in a cache for someone else to find??!!?? Wow I thought you were supposed to log it into a cache then hand it to your buddy standing next to you so he could log it out again and keep it tied up for another month. 7 released within 20 mi. of here and 1 (that's ONE) has seen over 5 caches since June. 2 of them are currently in the possesion of one person who has held one since August, and the other since September, and neither has seen 4 caches.

Yep! Aint it fun when others disrespect those that respect all the others. Oughta ban the JERKS!

If you come across one, it might be nice to send it to Europe. Cachers there haven't had as much chance to see the Jeeps or get the icons as cachers in the US have. And since the contest is over, there's no need to keep them in the US.

Of the six yellow Jeeps that we found last year, the one that is still moving around the most is one that went to Austria, France, and is currently in Germany. (I get watchlist logs on it every week or two.) Maybe there are fewer Jeepnappers over there.

(I just glanced at the logs, and it has been in 21 different caches since it went to Austria in March of this year, plus it has been to some events and has been passed among cachers as well. That's terrific action for a TB.)

If you come across one, it might be nice to send it to Europe. Cachers there haven't had as much chance to see the Jeeps or get the icons as cachers in the US have. And since the contest is over, there's no need to keep them in the US.

Yes, yes, yes. I will gladly accept any number of jeeps of any colour and get them moving in local caches. They are like gold dust round here.

We will gladly accept any jeeps that people want to post over here too. And I'll even pay the postage ! :lol:

We were so thrilled to find the yellow jeep we grabbed in a cache, that we'd love to give other cachers here an increased chance of finding them. Unfortunately, very few jeeps seem to make it over here, but those that do seem to travel quite well.

If anyone is interested in posting some to the UK, please drop me an email...

Bambi.

Jeeps are not personal trade items or for collecting, they are travel bugs that are meant to travel, just like any other travel bug.  They should move cache to cache to cacher to cache to cacher to cache and so on.

I did not intend to use as a personal trade item ! grab jeep from her and she grab one from me for release. Dont be so quick to judge who is a GOOD cacher Geeze I'm done with the forum part of this bye ;)

Edited by dmrodco

I think the same things about those cachers that keep the WJTB's. This guy around me had recently taken a Jeep and I checked his profile and he had 2 Whites and 4 yellows and most of the logs are for months before! I contacted him and he said he had 1 white, and 1 yellow (right :P ) He said he was willing to drop it at a cache but when I gave him a few cache's that were possible for a twelve yar old :P he hasn't responded since.