Rules/cost For Trackable Coins.

Slammer180

I'm thinking of having trackable coins made for our local caching group and then offering any left over. I know it cost up front and then so much per coin as well as a minimum as to how many coins but how much and how many? Then you have State versus personal but what about group coins? I'm looking at either 250 or 500 depending on the rules. Can someone point me in the right direction? (Can you ask that question in geocaching?)

TANKS

slammer I think some of the places that make coins can get smaller blocks of tracking numbers actually I think they buy 1000 and then sell you what you need

But all 1000 with start with the same code which means the same icon.

Buy the 1000 codes since you are a group. Either mint 500 this year and 500 next year or just do the 1000 all this year. People will buy them. You will not have a problem selling 1000 coins, even all at once.

The rules were just posted here somewhere.

It's 500 minimum for personal coins (PC prefice with generic PC icon). 1000 minimum for groups. All numbers are $1.50 per coin, if you want a group to have a special icon it's another $150. If you opt to go with a group coin and icon and want to split it up over two (or more)different coin mintings you can but you have to have the design of all the coins done and approved prior to the numbers being issued. If you choose to go with the PC numbers some of the coin mints (such as Aaron Charles Promotions www.coinsandpins.com) will provide the numbers (you still have to have the artwork approved by gc.com) and you can get as few as 50 numbers through them.

Hope that helps a little.

Thus far the organizations and groups I've seen are States and Countries. Personal coins being sold as state coins are still personal coins. The recent San Francisco coin was persona, but there is also a San Francisco Group.

What I don't know is if the smaller groups such as city groups or regional groups (but not state) can get their own Icon. Per the rules it appears they can. I think the group would be one that needs to be recognized by Groundspeak for this to happen.

Edit: Typo Fixed!

Edited by Renegade Knight

I think everybody here answered the question already, but here is my answer.

You have to contact Groundspeak and request your group (Hmm, wonder which one, lol) to be allowed to have their own trackable prefix codes. They sell them at a minimum of 1000 codes. You do not have to use all 1000 codes at once. You can use 500 now for a 2006 edition and another 500 later for a special event coin or a 2007 edition. Either way the up front cost is $1500.