Mobile Cache?

srt4guy

was thinking about putting a magnetic cache sticker on my car and keeping a log book and trinkets(regular cache stuff) in the car and when you saw me or the car at a cache or event you could sign the log trade items or what ever. would it work ? would the guy who approves it say no?

what do you think?

Tim

I'm afraid it wouldn't happen. Moving caches are no longer approved since there is no way to prevent them from going where caches are not allowed, such as NPS and private property.

Also, could you insure your vehicle would be at certain places at certain times?

There are a few out there that do this, and they are neat when you find them, and frustrating when they are not at the posted coordinates.

You could make it a travel bug? Put the TB tag inside the door to the gas tank or something.

There is a puzzle cache here in the San Diego area that is exactly like that. There is a logbook to sign hidden in a container attached to the White Jeep.

Some people figured it out and logged it either at the cache owner's home or work. I logged it at an Event. :rolleyes:

Yep, I got that one also. But I'm positive the owner was not upfront about the cache being mobile.

srt4guy, there a few travelling caches still around, but they are no longer approved.