Am I Getting Better Or Worse At This?

Pieman

I thought the more caches I did the better I was getting at finding them- at least it seemed that way. I decided to have a look at the stats. In 2004 I found 114 caches and DNF'd 9- a failure rate of 7.9%. In 2005 I have found 173 and DNF'd 32 for a failure rate of 18.5%! At this rate in 10 years time I won't be able to find any caches. :o Anyone else getting worse?

Edited by Pieman
I thought the more caches I did the better I was getting at finding them- at least it seemed that way. I decided to have a look at the stats. In 2004 I found 114 caches and DNF'd 9- a failure rate of 7.9%. In 2005 I have found 173 and DNF'd 32 for a failure rate of 18.5%! At this rate in 10 years time I won't be able to find any caches. :o Anyone else getting worse?

If the rate at which you DNF continues to double year on year, you will stop finding caches some time in mid 2008!

Enjoy your caching whilst you can!

I think the longer we cache, the worse we become in some ways - we start looking in over the top hard places... if we just started to think more along the lines of the way we did when we 1st started caching, we'd be better... you know, fresh eyes and all that!!

Pieman... I think you are beginning to think others as as fiendish hiders as yourself and looking too hard!!!!!

This year we though our DNF rate was going up but what is happening is this

There are now many more caches and having watched all of our DNF's all but one was actually a WNT (was not there) it's just more and more are getting muggled.

Have a look on your profile page at the caches you have posted notes / DNF's for and see how many are archived or temporarily disabled after you DNF'd them.

This year we though our DNF rate was going up but what is happening is this

There are now many more caches and having watched all of our DNF's all but one was actually a WNT (was not there) it's just more and more are getting muggled.

Have a look on your profile page at the caches you have posted notes / DNF's for and see how many are archived or temporarily disabled after you DNF'd them.

7 out of the 42 DNF's were due to the cache having gone- looks like I need lessons from Mark and Lynn!