Spoilerpics In Pocketqueries?

geo-zeus

Hi,

since a few days i´m a premium member, because I wanted to use the Pocketqueries-feature for managing caches offline and to use the data on my notebook while i have no internet connection.

My problem is now, that in the GPX-files are no spoilerpics included. Since many of the german caches use spoilerpics, the GPX-Files are not as useful as I hoped....

I don´t want to use a spiderprogram for collecting the spoilerpics, so my question is:

Do you plan in the near future to include the images in the GPX-files? Or maybe at least a smaller version of the pic?

I think, many of the (german) geocachers were deeply grateful!

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany

geo-zeus

SpoilerPics with the PQs - YES please!

Idea: Send me the SpoilerPics files (one photo = 1 file) named with the GCCode of the cache plus an appendix of the Pics text as an additional ZIP File.

The SpoilerPics do not (!) have to be integrated into the GPX file.

Thanks.

How do you determine through an automated process what is a spoiler pic and what is just an image posted to the cache page? Many hiders dress up their cache pages with pictures of the area, or of a beautiful sunset, or may post an image to the cache page to use as a background. Depending on the way people in an area have set up their cache pages, I can imagine you'd get tons of non-spoiler images in an average sized query, resulting in massive query files (even assuming each picture is 50-100k, which adds up quickly). Not to mention the 2-dozen odd photos of people's faces that cache owners sometimes upload after developing a cache camera.

edit: okay, I see now that SpoilerSync filters out images without the word "spoiler" in the caption. I'm sureIt still violates the TOU, though.

Edited by DavidMac