Attention Magellan Users

major123

I agree with the spell checker comment. I have the Magellan Explorist 200. This is my first GPS and I think it does a fairly good job getting me right to the caches. However, when in the woods where there is alot of tree cover the signal isn't always right on the mark. I have ended up walking in circles but for the most part have been led right to most of my finds.Happy Caching!!!!!!!!

I have never used a Explorist 200 but personally if unit does not have some sort of computer interface for up/down loading information/waypoints I would bypass it for something a little more sophisticated... Manually entering ways points may be ok while the excitement factor is still high, but it gets old after a while... Suggest you look at units with computer interface ports (USB/Serial) maybe the 400 or possibly different brand.

Dale

I agree that a higher quality GPS is needed for serious cachers. My husband bought me mine last year for Christmas because I saw something about geocaching and thought it would be alot of fun. He said start out with this and if you are serious about caching we can get something better. My current GPS serves my purposes while I learn more and more about geocaching.