Why The Mystery And Why Do You Care?

pthfix

I have a couple of questions….Why are moderators anonymous? Why do they care if anyone knows who they are? OK I have another question. Why would anyone try to figure out who they are. Sock Puppets? If you can’t be yourself who are you supposed to be? I don’t understand all the cloak and dagger stuff.

After a couple of responses to my post on another thread I get the impression that someone thinks that I am Sept1c_Tank’s sock puppet. I assure you that my name is Paul and although Sep1c_Tank we are two very, very, very different individuals. I don’t know why he gets into the forums like he does, personally, I could watch reruns of MASH with more enjoyment. Thanks for the fun, didn’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade.

Peace Out!

I have a couple of questions….Why are moderators anonymous? Why do they care if anyone knows who they are? OK I have another question. Why would anyone try to figure out who they are. Sock Puppets? If you can’t be yourself who are you supposed to be? I don’t understand all the cloak and dagger stuff.

After a couple of responses to my post on another thread I get the impression that someone thinks that I am Sept1c_Tank’s sock puppet. I assure you that my name is Paul and although Sep1c_Tank we are two very, very, very different individuals. I don’t know why he gets into the forums like he does, personally, I could watch reruns of MASH with more enjoyment. Thanks for the fun, didn’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade.

Peace Out!

I can assure everyone that pthfix is Paul. My question is why are you all of a sudden interested in the fourms at all?

Be very careful of what path Richard leads you down. Just a word to the wise.

Jerry (El Diablo)

Back to your original question. Why do Mod sometimes use sock puppet accounts? Mods for the most part are prolific cachers and enjoy the sport as much, if not more than me or you.

They just want to cache and belong to a group without all the attention and questions that would come if they were known. The Mods and the Apporvers do a great service to the community and without them caching wouldn't exsist as we know it.

I personally don't give a dadgum what name they use. I'm just glad that they make the sacrafice so the rest of us can have fun.

El Diablo

Back to your original question. Why do Mod sometimes use sock puppet accounts? Mods for the most part are prolific cachers and enjoy the sport as much, if not more than me or you.

They just want to cache and belong to a group without all the attention and questions that would come if they were known. The Mods and the Apporvers do a great service to the community and without them caching wouldn't exsist as we know it.

I personally don't give a dadgum what name they use. I'm just glad that they make the sacrafice so the rest of us can have fun.

El Diablo

Enough said. I just can't imagine that someone could like walk up to them on the street and act as though they were celebrities. Is being anonymous a real problem? Look out....if you're a moderator the public is going to want to know who you are and pictures are bound to be on the National Enquirer.

Do you think that any real stars geocache?

God Bless the moderators and the people who help me find caches to download for pleasure. I love them and all those involved in the whole mess. Good night John Boy!

Do you think that any real stars geocache?

Yes. There are plenty of threads on that.

Off the top of my head, I can think of someone on national TV, a fairly famous tv/movie star, a well known game developer, a rock star, and the production crew for a well known childrens show. All geocachers.

I'm not anonymous.

I've always been very open about my identity.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Vladimir Putin

Ms. Putin...May I tell you how sexy you looked in your red dress and those stockings at the rally in Brown Co. You may not remember me....but I wake up at night screaming after seeing you in drag. Don't worry about your sexuality, we all like nice things touching our bodies.

Edited by pthfix
Anyone with a name that sounds like a raspberry is ok in my book.  I'm not sure I've understood anything in this thread, but I did notice your ice chest is looking empty.  Good thing you have your GPS over it. You can use it as a divining rod to find that last cold one.

Looks are very deceiving. Actually, once you got through the ice there were 30 cold Natural Ice…You don’t need a GPS to enjoy 5.9 percent……Drink up! :lol: What does the raspberry thing mean?

Edited by pthfix
Man, I could use one of those beers. The raspbeery is the Thbpbpthbpt part. Since all kids know how to do them but almost nobody knows how to spell them, it always looks like the Thbphbth...in cartooons.

Anway, my first thought after reading your geo-name was it was a raspbery.

But why is it called a rasberry? Why not call it Cheese Cake or lettuce?

...Be very careful of what path Richard leads you down. Just a word to the wise.

Jerry (El Diablo)

You're still sore about that? For the record, the devil made me do it! :):)

On topic: Paul, this is a secret society; personally I don't care who anyone is and the secrecy seems silly to me, too. But some of the mods (and many others who play this game) take their anonymity quite seriously. It is only human nature for others to speculate.

And Paul, please let me know if you think I'm ever leading you down a dark path. B)B)