New Travel Bug Listings

MaxB on the River

I can understand wanting to limit the number of TB's shown on cache pages, however, now in order to find out what TB's are currently in a cache, you have to search through the entire bug history. None of the sorts will provide you with the bugs currently in the cache listed together.

This can be very difficult on Travel Bug hotels, as there may be 15-20 or many more pages.

Perhaps a fix to this would be in increase the number of TB's listed to a maximum of 10-15.

OR

Allow users to sort by location so all the TB's in the cache would be listed together.

OR

Default the listing sort so that those found in the cache currently are listed on the first page of the history.

For example: In the cache link listed below there are currently 14 TB's registered in the cache because we just placed them there yesterday.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.asp...4b-70a66afc7a24

In order to find that out now - you have to click and view through 7 pages to determine that information.

What happens to a very active TB hotel/motel cache that may have 50 pages of TB's logged through it?

It makes it very difficult for those cachers who move TB's around the country to now have to take the time to look through all of the Bug history pages to figure out how many are present and information about TB's they may be trying to help move.

We have enough problems trying to help new people understand how to log TB's when they can see them listed on the cache page. If they can't even find the TB llisted, then many more TB's are going to come up missing. This is going to result in very disappointed TB owners, that will stop putting them out.

Sure hope GC thinks about my suggestions, as the current listing seems very difficult to use and not user friendly, especially for newbies.

Thanks.

Edited by MaxB on the River

I was thinking of starting a thread on this very topic. I'm glad someone beat me to it.

It would be nice to see one more link below the Travel Bug list for "Travel Bugs currently in this cache" in addition to the "more... (includes history)" link. My suspicion is that this was the original intent of the new feature, to supplement the old "View Bug History" link?

Another way to fix this might be to list all the TBs currently in the cache first - sort them by the caches they are currently in.

Seriously, I can't believe how responsive you are Jeremy. You do a wonderful job here! Thanks.

(Oh, and how do I change the baby pink and blue colors in my account information? :D )

Hold shift and click refresh on your browser. You're using an old cascading style sheet (and the colors are there to tell me just that).

I have an event I would like to archive. I was planning to do that next Monday - still waiting on bugs and coins to get logged.

I have never understood this logic. To grab a bug, all you need is the tag number to enter in the upper-right corner of this page. You don't even need to go to the event (cache) page at all. So why hold up archiving it? Lucy, could you 'splain this to me?

Yes, thank you for the super quick response. I really really like the changes, especially to the bookmarked lists. I hope more folks create and share these.

BTW I can now see that all the coins and bugs still in my event are personal - and I bet they all move to another event this weekend.

As the cache owner, you can mark the TB's as "missing", then when they get pulled out, they will be back on thier merry way.