Download Coordinates As Utm

ItsMeDave

Maybe this has been asked for already.

It'd be nice if we had the option to choose between lat/long or UTM or whatever when generating PQs.

I like to run UTM on my GPS but it's a pain when the coordinates don't match what I've got in CacheMate.

I know I can switch back and forth on the Vista and that there are utilities to do the conversion for me (I've got GeoCalc), I just don't want to have to do the work.

cheers

David

Change your GPS units to UTM and thats how they will be displayed when you download them in your PQ's

Stated simply, what I want is the ability to choose between lat/long and UTM.

On the website I can choose between miles & kilometers, why not the same for location coordinates?

cheers

David

Change your GPS units to UTM and thats how they will be displayed when you download them in your PQ's

Stated simply, what I want is the ability to choose between lat/long and UTM.

On the website I can choose between miles & kilometers, why not the same for location coordinates?

cheers

David

What you are asking for is a feature for Cachemate, not the website. Perhaps Jeremy was right, this should be moved to the GPS & Software forum.

:laughing:

It'd be nice if CacheMate did that but my request is for the *website* to give the option of viewing in either lat/long or UTM.

UTM is already displayed on the cache page. You seem to be confused. Well, we certainly are.

Yes, I was confused. :laughing:

I was trying to re-phrase my request to make it generic and failed miserably. :-)

My thought was that if the GPX file contained the coordinates in UTM, then when the file was imported into CacheMate it would appear in the format I prefer.

I guess I have to agree, it would be easier if CacheMate or CacheMate File Converter converted lat/long to UTM for me.

cheers

David