Tuesday Hike

WeightMan

OK, I will put it off until Wednesday. If you would like we can meet at the Renton P&R (the one on Burnett across from the old McLendon's) at about 8:30. That should put us at Wellington about 10:30 according to S&T. That P&R is better since the one on Grady gets real full much earlier than that. I will find a set of coords for the P&R later today.

It's a great hike if you can do it. I was up there a couple Saturdays back. It's a great trail with lots of artifacts and history. Here are a couple things I learned:

1. If you can get enough people to go to justify two cars so that you can park in both trailheads, I'd recomend you do that. The full route is worth doing. You'll be able to see the Crown Jewel of the trail if you do (boy, that's just waiting for a cache.) If you do, try to have both cars able to carry the full party. Juggling cars back and forth will take 45-60 minutes. At the very least, have one car that can carry all at the lower lot.

2. The other thing I learned is that the Old Cascade Highway between the two trailheads can no longer be driven - plan to take US2 up to Stevens Pass to get between the two trailheads. The old highway bridge at "Bridge over the River Tye" washed out years ago and was replace by a foot bridge.

3. To get to the lower trailhead, there is no Iron Goat Trail sign pointing up to the parking lot once you get on the Old Cascade Highway - look for the FS road sign instead the points up the hill.

Have fun!

I forgot to mention that anyone hiking this trail will pass about six milestones enroute. :D Ok, they really are wooden posts. :lol:

Edited by Kiersolvd
The trade off for two cars would be twice the gas use.  Since this has been pushed back to Wednesday we have some time to discuss the options.  There is a note on the directions page saying that the Scenic parking is restricted this year.  Is that still the case?

You don't want to park at Scenic anyway.

The trail doesn't go that far.... yet

Edited by Right Wing Wacko