Longest Wait For Ftf?

crunchiespg

I would fathom at a guess that that Hereford is still sparse as far as caches go. Once the area gets more caches fairly close together, and of course more people caching, I would expect you will find people will be getting FTF's within a day or two or less?

yeh but thats the thing, there are loads of cachers round here. and all the other local caches have been found very quickly.

I would fathom at a guess that that Hereford is still sparse as far as caches go. Once the area gets more caches fairly close together, and of course more people caching, I would expect you will find people will be getting FTF's within a day or two or less?

yeh but thats the thing, there are loads of cachers round here. and all the other local caches have been found very quickly.

Going by your description it sounds a nice place to visit, but this part of the description

The difficulty rating reflects how popular this location is. It took me over 40 minutes to wait for all the muggles to leave so i could hide the cache. Will take real stealth to find cache without being spotted.

may be what is putting people off??

I have a couple of caches that are in muggle heaven, and in the early days, they haven't always faired well with comments. They are of course doing quite well now, one of which is a fairly popular cache with the tourists.

Going by your description it sounds a nice place to visit, but this part of the description

The difficulty rating reflects how popular this location is. It took me over 40 minutes to wait for all the muggles to leave so i could hide the cache. Will take real stealth to find cache without being spotted.

may be what is putting people off??

I have a couple of caches that are in muggle heaven, and in the early days, they haven't always faired well with comments. They are of course doing quite well now, one of which is a fairly popular cache with the tourists.

yeh see your point,

but,

i would see it as a bit of a challenge in stealth.

and its not that hard, some days there may be no one around. but on that day it was a clear day so a lot of people were staying to admire the view.

even with that its the sort of place that people visit often just to walk the dog, i do, so i would of thought other local cachers would also.

even with that its the sort of place that people visit often just to walk the dog, i do, so i would of thought other local cachers would also.

Yes, I too thought like that in the early days too, you will find that not everybody has the same idea about geocaching as you do, as some discussions in these forums will prove.

I personally like the type of challenge that you have put there, as I have said I have a few along the same lines. But I also know that some people won't do those particular caches because of the muggles, in fact I had an elongated email from one certain cacher explaining why he wouldn't do such caches. I had to pinch myself to make sure I was still awake, :rolleyes: and that was just half way through it!! :huh::huh:

Lucky to get 3 HOURS round here :rolleyes:

Come on Nebias, its easy I got one in the weekend. (2nd one ever and first in MK)

Here's what your do:-

(1) Have you Caching bag always packed.

(2) Ensure your cachemobile has no flat tires (mine is a bike you see)

(3) Set up "Instant Log Notification" for the surrounding area.

(4) Sit by your computer and wait for those emails *

(5) Once you get a live one, run like hell to get it!!!

* Set up a wave file to play, and turn up the volume.

Its just a bit of fun as Keith Barret would say... :huh:

See ya...Gary

i recently placed a cahce just outside of town in a popular country park. and it still hasnt been found for 3 weeks.

i thought this odd, as the only caches ive generallt seent hat take a long time to find are very isolated. this one is just off a major trunk road.

so how long have others waited for FTF's?

THIS cache was not found for very nearly 1 month & the FTF came from Holland.

Back on topic, my The Wicker Man - A missing child is always trouble micro/traditional cache took three months and two DNFs to find. It is in Scotland, but it's not that remote. There's been another DNF since, but I'm sure it's still there.

SP

Im worried now that we were just being a bit thick & managed to miss it, as we take full responsibility for logging the second of the DNF's.Mind you though, my GPS was really playing up & kept sending me all over the place! :rolleyes:

Seren.

No no, it was Beech Buchanan you couldn't find. That I *do* have some worries about, but will get it checked and/or replaced ASAP.

The missing child is always trouble cache is much further north at Plockton. I'm happy to report I was quite right about it - it was found again (with use of an extra spoiler picture I added to the page) on the 22nd. :rolleyes:

So, you have nothing to worry about.

SP

Edited by Simply Paul