August Jeep Photo Entries -- Post Them Here!

Bear Paughs

I'm starting this thread a) because I see nothing wrong with people self-promoting their entries in an effort to garner votes, and :P to put those efforts under a clear subject line so they don't get overlooked because they're in a thread devoted to some technical issue or other.

So campaign away! And good luck to ALL!

(btw, I am not eligible to win, so I am not campaiging for myself.)

Thanks for starting a thread for this. I've never posted before and wasn't sure how to go about getting my picture out there for people to see and possibly vote for. I worked hard on getting this picture to look good and be in scale. Hope somebody besides myself likes it. Thanks for looking at least!

Cyndilou

Here's the link I don't know how to make it "pretty."

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?l...34-9ee96f181321

We had a lot of fun making our August photo Tarin's Scrapbook Memories. The pictures in the album were all taken while on geocaching trips around our beautiful state of Wyoming. You can click on the image to see it in a better size and more detail.

The left hand page has pictures of the jeep amonsgt dew drop covered ivy, under a makeshift tent, and in front of a sunset over Laramie Peak. We also found a nice overlay for this page that even is titled "The Great Outdoors" at the top. The right hand page shows the jeep fishing on a rock at the edge of a pond, cresting a boulder on the way to a cache (big green bucket in the background), in front of a rainbow after an afternoon mountain thunderstorm, and rolling up from a field into a rockscape. There were too many pictures to choose from from our adventures so we did for Tarin what we usually do with our trip photographs anyway - scrapbooked them.

Of course, we are going to permanently keep this layout to remind us of how much fun we had geocaching this summer - even though it is showing Tarin's adventures with us! We even have Tarin decorated with scrapbooking cutouts of camping gear as she admires the photos. If you look closely, she even has some marshmallows on a stick to toast!

Any votes for the photo would be appreciated as we are hoping to win a GPSr for our friends in New Orleans that started caching with us during our vacation there last year and havent been able to go since due to a lack of a GPSr.

:P Well we just blew our August contest submission When our picture was summited for the White Jeep contest. We also loaded two additional pictures on it's TB page. Now we see that all three pictures got entered. Of course this will disqualify your entry. Went back to try to delete the two extra pictures we ended up archiving the whole thing. #&%*@ :P I guess this is a "Learn by your mistakes!" lesson! This is also happening to others...

Jeep won't let us Canadians enter the contest! (Maybe our winters are too hard on Jeeps :lol: -- totally joking!!!) Jeeps are actually fantastic in the snow and ice -- and Canada is actually not all that cold anyways.

However, I'm posting my pictures anyways! Maybe they'll send me a keychain because they feel sorry for me.

(you'll need QuickTime for the first two links)

Retro Jeep (Yellow)

Take me for a Spin (White Jeep)

Jeeps Best Friend - another Jeep (Guardian Travel Bug - or how to drop a Jeep without giving it away)

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog
Hey Bear Paughs, Does your offer still stand to vote for mine? B)

Please Vote for My August Photo. My offer of donating the GPS to a certain cacher who lost hers and cannot afford to replace is still valid. You'd be supporting a good cause with your vote.

Already done! In fact, mine was the very first vote you received, bright and early this morning!

Hey thanks.

I really need to get some votes in the next few days if I have even a chance at a tshirt. So if you can round up any help for me, I'd sure appreciate it!

Please folks, cast a vote for my pic linked above. I really want to give a fellow cacher that GPSr.

PS: Placed the WJTB "Hartley" out here in Vegas yesterday after taking my Sept photo (which I'll post from home). So hopefully a cacher will go get it today!

Edited by AtlantaGal

Just a reminder that tonight, Wednesday, at midnight the voting for August pictures will end.

I have listed all the links that were in this topic so that anyone who wants to look doesn't have to go through all the messages unless they want to. These are in no particular order.

Mine - My August Submission

cyndilou - Cyndilou

KKTH3 - KKTH3

nodirection - nodirection

AtlantaGal - AtlantaGal

Harry Dolphin - Harry Dolphin

geospyder - geospyder

fisherman28 - fisherman28

Good luck to everyone.

Excellent September photo! I wouldn't count your August entry out yet, though. My July one only received 5 or 6 votes. But yes, I'll be happy to vote for your September entry (if it comes to that!)

Are you serious about the number of votes your winning photo got? I thought for sure you had to get a bunch of votes to even have a chance at a tshirt since voting counts for 25% of the judging.

Congratulations!  Well-deserved by the looks of your photo! 

Has anyone else found out they've won for August yet?  (Very curious how the one I voted for did!)

I didn't win (but knew I wouldn't) and I'll need major help in a few days. So round up the troops :ph34r:

Congrats Cyndi. Nice to see another Georgia cacher win one.

Edited by AtlantaGal