Category Proposal: Denied Waymarks

Even lame waymarks should have a home. :P

WH: The Benevolent Protector of Lame Waymarks :P

I would definately put this category in my Favorites list if it existed. I'd love to see what waymarks were so odd, or abstract, or bizarre that they wouldn't fit anywhere else.

Of course, you'd have to keep it 'pure'. You couldn't just accept any ol' waymark. People submitting would have to demonstrate that they made an honest effort to get their waymark accepted elsewhere. Otherwise you risk being overrun with junk.

But handled correctly, you could have a really interesting and unusual assortment of waymarks.

Would it go under People, Places, or Things? Or would you have one under each heading?

I think the rules of this category could be something like this:

1 : family friendly listings only

2 : Proof that the waymark was denied in another category

To elaborate on rule 2.

Don't submit a waymark listing into a category that it clearly doesn't belong just to get it listed here. The waymark should be somewhat related to the category it was denied in.

I agree that this would make a pretty neat category. I would like to see the lighthouse that's a mile away from the nearest navigable water and wasn't either moved to its current location or built there as a novelty. I would like to see the McDonalds Restaurant where the owner, Mr. McDonald, has been able to fend off the big corporation from buying him out to "protect" their brand.

Not really so lame or anti-wow after all.

Edited by tozainamboku

Reminds me of a museum nearby me - it resides in the basement of a community theater.

http://www.museumofbadart.org/

Maybe if there is a sub category of 'Shrines for Lame Things' I can list it!

Of course, that might be odd enough that it might be acceptable to the waymark judges, then it would be unacceptable in this one - what a dilemma!

Edited by NorStar