Gsak

It's not really important, but would help when downloading; for some reason GSAK hasn't marked all the caches we have found. The caches are listed on my GSAK download (so its not a case of me missing a couple through bad PQ dates) but 5 of them are not highlighted as found.

Any thoughts?

I find that GSAK identifies you better if you use your GC.com login ID to identify you, this is a number eg. 346745 use this and not your caching ID name in tools > options

You can find the number by looking at a GPX file with a cache you have found, look for something like this <Groundspeak:finder id="42571">

Then set this as the Method to identify you in tools > options

Milton (aka moote)

Edited by moote

You can find the number by looking at a GPX file with a cache you have found, look for something like this <Groundspeak:finder id="42571">

Then set this as the Method to identify you in tolls > options

Milton (aka moote)

Just hover your Mouse over your name beside any post in here.

Read off the number on the bottom bar

thank you - i'll give that a go

will it backdate or just ensure all future finds are picked up?

Yes as you have updated with GPX file after the date you logged the cache, the number is better as that never changes.

If you still have caches missing then download the individual GPX files for each cache and load them into GSAK.

Oh before I forget, if you have put any locks on the records, remove them as it will not update that record

Milton (aka moote)

Also, GSAK sometimes does not pick up any caches that have been archieved since you found them. Compare your GC.com lists of found caches against GSAK.

I corrected this by using my GC.com "my page" to list all the caches we've found. I used each link for a "missing" page to go to the GC.com record. Then we saved that log/page out as a seperate GPX file. The final step was to import each of the individual GPX files into GSAK and edit each one to make it "found".

Bingo! Job's a good 'un...

Also, GSAK sometimes does not pick up any caches that have been archieved since you found them.

It's not that GSAK does not recognise the archived caches, the truth is that after a short period of time the archived caches are no longer listed in the pocket queries; therefore GSAK never knows about them.

Milton (aka moote)