Uhhh...only Getting About 50 Caches Into My 60cs?

BoomerFZ1

Okay...this is freakin' me out. Both EasyGPS and GSAK are tellin' me that they've sent 496 waypoints to the 60cs. But when I click the find button and check I can actually count only 50 waypoint and/or caches. Is there some setting in my unit that's only allowing my to either show or accept so many waypoints?

It isn't GSAK, unless you only have 50 caches in the filtered database.

Change the setting to Search by Name, instead of Nearest. You will find all of them there.

I have the Vista C, so I can't tell you the exact button sequence, but my Vista C displays the waypoints the same way.

Hey Miragee, you ROCK!!! That did it. I guess when you do a search by nearest is only shows the nearest 50 or so? But that did do it. Thanks a bunch...I wouldn't have slept at all.

Hate to point out the obvious (and Sputnik was too polite) but if your read the original post by Sputnik he was the first to give you the answer you were looking for. Perhaps in all your frustration you overlooked this.

The FAQ that Sputnik links to really is a must read for all 60c/s owners. I humbly suggest you give it a good read, then you might run in to less "frustrating" situations.

Hey Miragee, you ROCK!!!  That did it.  I guess when you do a search by nearest is only shows the nearest 50 or so?  But that did do it.  Thanks a bunch...I wouldn't have slept at all.

Hate to point out the obvious (and Sputnik was too polite) but if your read the original post by Sputnik he was the first to give you the answer you were looking for. Perhaps in all your frustration you overlooked this.

The FAQ that Sputnik links to really is a must read for all 60c/s owners. I humbly suggest you give it a good read, then you might run in to less "frustrating" situations.

ha! you beat me to it -

thanks -

cc\

I know some times when I try to download a lot of data it gets stuck or some are missing. It helps if you shake the cable now and then so the coordinates flow through easier, or if your GPS is lower than your PC is when downloading (or raise the GPS higher than the PC when uploading to the PC so the data can go that way easier).

Don't forget to wear you foil hat too.