Etrex Legend Pkg At Dicks

TomC1426

Dicks advertise this package for $199. It includes the Legend, auto mount, 12v adtapter, Topo software, computor adtapter, and carring case. On the surface this is an excellent deal. My question is how hard is the screen to see? My eyes aren't quite what they used to be. :rolleyes: Is it anywhere clese to what Garmins demo on their site is. Does anyone know how it compares to the 12xls? I have this unit and just want to upgrade to mapping.

Any imput would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

My 46-year-old eyes are getting a bit far-sighted, but I don't have problems reading my Legend in most conditions. I've never used a different unit, so I can't compare the Legend to anything else, but I have no complaints.

The deal sounds pretty good to me, since I spend that much a year ago for just the Legend.

I just picked up the Legend package at Dick's. I am going to refrain from opening until I am sure this is what I wanted. :laughing: I borrowed a friends Garmin GPS 45 and have been using that to see how I liked this geocaching thing and seem to be enjoying it enough to spend $200.

Any problems with the Legend that I should be aware of or to make me look at something else?

Thanks.