Measuring Distance On A Map

The drive time zone is kind of interesting. You are right- it is probably more usefule because I am really looking for places that I can actually drive to within 60 minutes, not necessarily 60 miles. But, when I select "draw drive time zone behind roads" it only goes within 60 miles in one direction. When I select either both or just "fill drive time zone with solid color" it looks like it is going 60 minutes in all directions. Am I missing something?

I want to find all cities within a radius of 60 miles from my home. How do I do this with either Mapsource or Streets & Trips? Looking for the easiest way.

Thanks!

ok, the easiest way:

open your garmin’s home (or any wp you want to do it from) waypoint -> menu -> proximity ->set the proximity to 60 mi.

happy hunting.

Thanks- that was easy enough! One more question- how do I change the color around the radius so I can see it more clearly?

First, select the radius circle with the hand tool (found on the tool bar at the top of the screen, the last row, near the right). Then on the drawing toolbar (at the bottom) use the Fill Color tool (looks like a paint can pouring out paint) to select the color (e.g., No Fill, pale yellow, pale green, etc.).

Then right-click the radius circle and select Order / Send Behind Roads. Personally, I prefer no-fill because color interferes with map features like bodies of water, park boundaries, and city boundaries.

You can also use this technique with squares, polygons, and drivetime zones.

You can also change a line's color and width.