Just For A Walk

I guess most cachers enjoyed going out walking a lot before finding out about geocaching. Last evening I went out to my local common without the gpsr just for a walk without any caching related business. I haven't done that for a long time but it was very enjoyable.

Have you found you don't do this anymore, is the call too strong?

I guess most cachers enjoyed going out walking a lot before finding out about geocaching. Last evening I went out to my local common without the gpsr just for a walk without any caching related business. I haven't done that for a long time but it was very enjoyable.

Have you found you don't do this anymore, is the call too strong?

DON'T BE DAFT!!!

When I did Race For Life, Phill asked me how I'd manage to walk 3.5 miles without a GPS in my hand... and d'you know what?? It DID Feel like something was missing!!

I go for walks with the dog in local areas that geocaching has introduced me too.

Places I would never have known about otherwise.

There are several cache locations I now frequent, some more that others. *That* if anything has big the biggest plus of the sport.

I also now know my way around the area where as before I lived here for 2 or 3 years and didn't have a clue of my locality.

Oddly we did that last weekend, decided to give geocaching a miss for the weekend and went to one of our favourite coastal walks. But we did not feel lonly, we took the gps with us. lol. But only because we use mapping and wanted to find a quicker route. Well our excuse anyway. Must admit though, when we go for a favourite walk where we live, we just have to check on our caches, without the gps though, however, still sad isn't it. lol

I did a 9 mile sponsored walk on Monday with the kids from the school where I work and managed not to take the GPS with me. B)

I DID, however, check to see if there were any caches en route and the only one I found I have done a couple of times already! :)

What was more weird to me was going on a walk without a dog - pointless! B)

Yeah, but I KNOW you must be on the lookout for a location for Final Hurdle 4! :)

Next time you are there, check on 456 for me would you, hehe B)

Seriously though, I walk regularly, (avec chien), as it is a long way to my nearest unfound cache. I'll always be on the lookout for hides though, just in case!

Yep! We do that regularly. We often use these opportunities to scout out opportunities for laying caches. We are regularly suprised to fail! Bogs, too open, too busy - so many reasons to not lay a cache around Norfolk - but it is always brill to get out there on the Rights of Way to find out.

We've lost count of the trails we've binned but we really enjoy tramping round the ROW that others so long in the past have laid down and won for us today. You've got to get along them and report any encroachment by landowners and farmers (bless 'em for trying it on).