White Jeep Travel Hogging

Ok, no I am not one to complain and really I am not doing this now honest. But....I was wondering is it cool to have more than one White jeep at a time. I would not do this, as I do not think it is the intent of the game. In fact the one I did get, I did the goal pic and got it back out there again as soon as I could. Within a few days. However, I have noticed some seem to pick up a few at a time and keep um when others cant find any. So this brings my post. I can see where there is an advantage of picking up more than one. Having a few would increase your odds of a win. Log one pic, drop off the jeep, then use the other for the following months. I do not believe this is right, but if it is ok, if it is just one more trick, or strategy of the game well then ok....... So what is the thoughts out there what do yall think about that..-RB

There are several answers one commonly sees in these forums in response to such questions. Keep in mind that these answers are repeated over and over, regardless of their validity (or lack thereof):

1. "You are not your brother's keeper. You play the game your way, and they are playing the game their way. No harm done."

2. "There ought to be a rule about ..."

3. "Who asked you? MYOB."

4. "These forums are no place for such questions. Take it up with the (individual, cache owner, TB owner, etc.)"

Personally, I think travel bugs are a game of opportunity. First come, first served. Next in line, await your turn patiently.

I recently saw that there were three in caches in my area. I wanted them all! Well, at least until I read the rules and saw you can only use one a month. Then I changed my mind. What I really wanted, though, had nothing to do with the contest. Since I happen to own a white Jeep (a Liberty, not a Rubicon) I wanted to take a picture of all three with my Jeep then send them on their way. I do still have the one that I found (hasn't been quite a week yet) but I promise I will let it go soon...I will...really! (I love this little Jeep....it is so cute) But I'll let it go...I swear I will. Maybe today...or tomorrow.

I guess I don't have a problem with people grabbing several at once as long as they set them free in a timely manner. Holding them for the contest the following month would not be cool, IMO.

Ok, no I am not one to complain and really I am not doing this now honest. But....I was wondering is it cool to have more than one White jeep at a time. I would not do this, as I do not think it is the intent of the game. In fact the one I did get, I did the goal pic and got it back out there again as soon as I could. Within a few days. However, I have noticed some seem to pick up a few at a time and keep um when others cant find any. So this brings my post. I can see where there is an advantage of picking up more than one. Having a few would increase your odds of a win. Log one pic, drop off the jeep, then use the other for the following months. I do not believe this is right, but if it is ok, if it is just one more trick, or strategy of the game well then ok....... So what is the thoughts out there what do yall think about that..-RB

It's a toy car. :blink:

With some thought and a little common sense, you can answer the questions yourself. Here are my conclusions:

1. WJTBs are tied to a contest. By having more than one in possession, you are potentially denying others the opportunity to find them at that moment. Intentional or not, you risk the perception of "rigging" the contest. Yes, there are loopholes provided to enter the contest without finding them, but that's not going to eliminate the perception.

2. WJTBs are in demand. Besides the contest, they offer a unique icon in a cacher's profile. You risk negative reaction from others by hogging more than one.

You can do as you please as long as you've thought through the consequences. I see no problems grabbing more than one for a quick photo shoot.

1. WJTBs are tied to a contest. By having more than one in possession, you are potentially denying others the opportunity to find them at that moment. Intentional or not, you risk the perception of "rigging" the contest. Yes, there are loopholes provided to enter the contest without finding them, but that's not going to eliminate the perception.

2. WJTBs are in demand. Besides the contest, they offer a unique icon in a cacher's profile. You risk negative reaction from others by hogging more than one.

whining.jpg

Waah, waah, waah.

Pick up as many WJTBs as you want. Log 'em, don't log 'em, throw 'em away, eat 'em. I doesn't matter.

IM(NS)HO, If you want to pick up 10 white jeeps, pick 'em up. Just try to get them out kinda soon. If you know you can't go caching for 4 more weeks, but see a WJ in a cache you want, pick it up. No reason you can't play along just because you can't cache as much as others.

Rules, and intentions are not helping. .

I have the closest 40-50 on my watchlist, I get to see them logged into and then out of a Cache in two consecutive emails. They are never out of these peoples hands. They have Gollum syndrome.

Whether hoarding them acutally helps them have better odds at winning, is moot, they are still hoarding them.

Auntieweasle,

Does your love for Weasles include Ferrets?

I've had 7 of the little guys, love em.

This is Jasper.

WednesdayApril132005.jpg

Of the 40-50 I'm watching, 4 or 5 are moving normally, the rest just go in and out the same moment. I think they are being handed off, not placed in Caches.

Does your love for Weasles include Ferrets?

Of course! I'd love to have one, but I travel too much. What a handsome lad!

Of the 40-50 I'm watching, 4 or 5 are moving normally, the rest just go in and out the same moment. I think they are being handed off, not placed in Caches.

Well, there's your problem! You're watching too many :rolleyes:

Well thanks for the replies. I got what I wanted to know. I was thinking because this was an outside contest from another entity that there was some guidelines. I was not worried so much what others were doing, rather I wanted to know what I could do and could not do. So that said, cache on and Im gonna look for some jeeps. Take care. -RB