Cache Found Card

:blink: Hello all;

Just an idea here. I just placed my first cache for you all to find. While I'm waiting for it to be approved, I came up with an idea. In Ham Radio, we send (sometimes) the other operator what we call a QSL card. This card varifies that the operator actual made contact with a piticular station. The cards come in various designs, pictures, etc. Many ham radio operators collect hundreds of these QSL cards from all over the world.

So my idea is similar. Instead of mailing these cards to everyone who finds my cache, I was going to place them inside the cache. If a person wishes, they may take one to "add" to his/her collection. Each Cache Find Card would be numbered. All the person needs to do is write in the date.

Cache Find Cards would change design with each year. What do you all think?

I really think the "swag" movement has fallen off. Alot of sig items are coming out. I LOVE IT! Anything to break away from McDonald's. And infact I have a found card I drop off in caches. It's nothing special, but it's something neat.

Thanks for the innovation. :blink:

I really think the "swag" movement has fallen off. Alot of sig items are coming out. I LOVE IT! Anything to break away from McDonald's. And infact I have a found card I drop off in caches. It's nothing special, but it's something neat.

Thanks for the innovation. :blink:

What is neat about it?

interesting idea - different from sig items and FTF cards that I use.

I'm not sure that I would collect a Found Card. I have my logs on line that 'prove' I found the cache - I have my printed cache pages - and I have my listings in GSAK that I use constantly and consitantly to find or check on chaches that I have found, have not found, or have placed. Don't need something else to collect.

But that's just me.

Could be fun for a lot of people.

cc\