Night Caches

I'm just wondering if anybody has any ideas for easily searching for night caches. They look like fun and I'd like to hit some.

I did a keyword search on "night cache" and only found 3 or 4 in my state. That was after looking through the 4 pages of results. And there may only be those 3 or 4. But since they don't exist as their own special type of cache, I haven't figured out a good way to home in on them specifically if they don't have "night" in the name.

A search for "night" yields more than 10 pages of results, some of which happen to be night caches.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I love caching in the dark period. It always seems like I can find the caches faster because I don't get distracted by things I'd see in the daylight.

And caches tend to shine when you point a torch at them.

I love night caching. I've done quite a bit of it. It's a whole new game!

Remember, you can hunt most caches (not just night caches) at night. It just depends on how much you like being out in the dark. :wacko::unsure:

Edited by sept1c_tank

There just are not as many "night caches" as there are traditional "anytime" caches.

Do a search of caches in your immediate area to find the ones near you, then sign up for new cache weekly notifications, so you know if a new one gets places.

You can ask in the regional forums of there are night caches near you, and you can check to see if a caching group is in your area, which can provide you with recommendations.

I have only found 2 night caches, and I agree, they are a kick in the pants!

Ed

I love caching in the dark period. It always seems like I can find the caches faster because I don't get distracted by things I'd see in the daylight.

And caches tend to shine when you point a torch at them.

I love night caching. I've done quite a bit of it. It's a whole new game!

Remember, you can hunt most caches (not just night caches) at night. It just depends on how much you like being out in the dark. :unsure::wacko:

Looking for caches at night in urban areas isn't too great though. :blink:

Can anyone tell me me what a glint tack is and the kind of place where I can get them? e.g. does it have 3M tape on the head, or something, is it home-made, etc.

I'd like to make a night cache in the country, and a glint trail, but all I can think of is bits of 3M self-adhesive tape stapled to trees, etc. Is this the right idea?

Is an ordinary cache symbol the right one to choose when reporting such a new cache. Or should it be puzzle, mystery, offset or something?