Spoilers

Due to the tree cover becoming much more dense as the days go by, I am quite interested in utilising the 'spoilersync' programme. I've downloaded it onto my desktop, but cannot work out how to use it. Could anyone explain in laymans language for me. All I have achieved is setting up a file for spoilers in 'My Pictures'.

Any assistance would be most appreciated. Why I started going paperless I begin to wonder!

I tried using this but it seemed to take ages to get anywhere and then came to a halt - even when I broke up the requested caches into what I thought might be more manageable segments it still didn't seem to like it.

Any ideas anyone ?

As an aside Gralorn - you could just download the relevant spoilers for the caches you intend to do in the next few days :lol:

civilised

You need to get spoiler sync to only look at the GPX file that you are planning to do.

I usually only use a small one say 20 caches, or it can take a while.

Then once it has generated a web page, upload this to your PDA. Using plucker or such like.

Check out the following web site, it explains it better than I have:-

http://www.anode.plus.com/spoilersync/

I have managed to download all the spoiler photos, and use them if I get stuck in field. Much better than having to come back :lol:

See ya...Gary

When you are ready to 'go a-huntin' run Spoiler sync.

Make sure the program is set to deliver the results in to your PDA/Palm documents sync folder. When complete the next time you sync your palm/ppc you will have Spoilers loaded.

Use the onboard graphics package to view the pics.

Can take a hell of a lot of time to decipher a coupla hundred caches if you are on dial-up!

im on cable but when i run spoiler sync it goes through the process of searching but every cache comes up no spoiler , ive cheched some of the caches its checked and they have got spoilers, have i forgotten to click a box or something :lol:

Screen shot the dialog box and upload it somewhere with a link on here so we can see what options you have checked.

spoiler.jpg

Make sure that you do NOT have delete previous pictures not in current waypoint file selected or you will delete any previously downloaded pictures!

As long as the picture has spoiler in the description then it should download.

Personally what I do is download all the pictures into a spoiler directory with only "only download pictures,ignore pictures,shrink pictures,create web pages, create summary" selected. I then run a script which reads the gpx file and copies all photos named "cache*.jpg" and "cache*.html" (where cache is the waypoint number from within the gpx file) to a spoiler folder on my sd card which goes into my pocketpc. I also set up a html extract within gsak with links to the spoiler web pages. That way when I'm in the field I have few click access to spoilers, hints and the cache page. Unfortunately none of the caches around here have spoilers on them!

I also set up a html extract within gsak with links to the spoiler web pages. That way when I'm in the field I have few click access to spoilers, hints and the cache page.

Not sure if you knew or not, but GPXSonar now automatically puts links to any spoilers on the PDA cache page. Lovely! I have set my spoilersync to copy the jpg and html pages that are generated straight to my PDA, so I don't have to do anything other than just run the program.

I also set up a html extract within gsak with links to the spoiler web pages. That way when I'm in the field I have few click access to spoilers, hints and the cache page.

Not sure if you knew or not, but GPXSonar now automatically puts links to any spoilers on the PDA cache page. Lovely! I have set my spoilersync to copy the jpg and html pages that are generated straight to my PDA, so I don't have to do anything other than just run the program.

not if your pda is running 2002 though :-(

I can't run the newer version.

I have the latest version of GPXSonar and Spoiler Sync but cannot get the images to display in GPXSonar... Any chance of a quick tutorial on how to display the pics? The Help file and web site do not seem to be too helpful or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance.

GPX Sonar just opens cache pages in IE so you don't actually view the spoiler pics in GPX Sonar.

Open File Explorer find the spoiler pic that you want (file name is the waypoint name of the correspoding cache). Click it and it will open up in IE.

Incidentally I recommend setting up SpoilerSync to save the photos in a additional folder to your PPC My Documents.