Garmin 60c, 60cs, 76c, 76cs

Sorry my mistake “ Super Secret Satellite Office” Information not generally made available to the Public.

Schools Out – R U Kidding?

First of all, if they had a super-secret satellite office, I doubt that it would be big enough to have a mail room. Therefore, you couldn't work there. Second, there is no super-secret satellite office.

I guess Garmin really screwed up when they didn’t get you to do the Beta testing before they released the 60c, 60cs, 76c, 76cs.

I think that they could take care of this problem within the firmware if enough people were to rant and rave about it. Maybe it would be a patch but who cares as long as it works?

I’m amazed how many of the products we have tested (where I work) and then later sat around and laughed about what a piece of crap it was and then in a few weeks, that piece of crap is sent back to us working with just a little tweaking of the software.

You have made sound valid points but for 90% of the people using this forum, they are not legitimate reasons for not buying any of the mentioned units. I appreciate knowing what the limitations of my GPS are by posts like yours because they generate good suggestions of getting around those limiting factors.

Plus it keeps me entertained at work.

Thanks again!

I

The best thing about this thread is that HP is getting his/her post count up. The three posts about various state geocoins weren't doing it. I only wish s/he could do it without the foul language and petty name calling, but that certainly is as revealing about mental prowess as the force of his/her arguement on "categories" being the achillies heal of the 60/76 series.

Edited by Sputnik 57

I looked at the MapSource 6.2 and it appears that categories don't have names, which makes them pretty much useless in GPS.

Then despite "Honest Pleasure" belief "categories" do not make "file system" they simply add additional field/fields to waypoint database.

And I think most of the people here will be against "file system" organization of waypoints.

Edited by vr12
vr12

Edit -> Preferences -> Waypoint Categories -> Give Them Names.

I Guess I’m Wrong AGAIN – Do you work for Garmin? Thought So!

What time is “Mouse Movement Class” ?

No, it is the first tume you are right (probably)

vr12

“And I think most of the people here will be against "file system" organization of waypoints”

You’re probably right – Most people who don’t know how to use software that is.

PS - > Preferences is in the Upper Left Hand Corner of the MapSource Screen – Go to your left shoulder – then over to the screen – There you go……you found it.

Maybe I should start a Thread on Auto Safety when Searching Waypoints.

vr12

“And I think most of the people here will be against "file system" organization of waypoints”

You’re probably right – Most people who don’t know how to use software that is.

I didn't say that, I said "most people here"

And I will add "Garmin would agree with me".

vr12

“No, it is the first tume you are right (probably)”

Remember – I wrote the software – Garmin?

Thanks for the Jab.

It sure would be easier to communicate in this thread if you used sentences. I think you are now claiming to not only work for Garmin, but to have written the software that you hate so much. :lol:

If you do such a poor job, why don't you quit so Garmin will hire someone that turns out products that we will like?

vr12

“I didn't say that, I said "most people here"

THEN WHY DID THEY PUT IT IN THE QUEST UNIT? And why is it being used by Quest users every day.

WHY DID THEY ADD IT TO MAPSOURCE? Because Waypoints with out a way to organize them - sucks.

It will be in every unit from now on.

Thanks to -> b_rad2cool and his awesome writing skills !!!!!!!!!!!!

vr12

“I didn't say that, I said "most people here"

THEN WHY DID THEY PUT IT IN THE QUEST UNIT?  And why is it being used by Quest users every day. 

WHY DID THEY ADD IT TO MAPSOURCE?  Because Waypoints with out a way to organize them - sucks.

Who said they did ? they didn't

Edited by vr12

This discussion would be humorous, if it weren't rather pathetic.

I don't want waypoint categories (or catagories) on my 60cs. If I am driving down the road and want to mark a waypoint, I just want to drop a mark and keep going. Having to wade through an extra screen would add to the amount of time that my eyes are off the road.

Being that this board is privately owned, and this is a moderated forum, you do not have absolute free speech rights. This is my second request for thread lock and warning/reprimand.

Edited by CenTexDodger

CenTexDodger

Oh Dude - It's only another view option you don't have to turn it on.

It for people who download from computer and are organized. It you’re just pushing button to see where you are and you’ve been- keep doing it.

I have 1,000 places to go and I need them organized.

Are you on the right thread – POI’s Software request for Starbuck Locations is over on the “Ask Garmin for

Neo_Geo

1,000 – That ONE THOUSAND – You would put 1,000 files on a diskette in the root directory?

BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH...

If I had to and they all fit, then yes I would. Like I said, I get by easily with sorting by type or finding by name.

Oh, and I'm still in the computer business.

Small wonder why you're not :lol:

So do your G's all come before your B's - What if you have 650 B's - How long does it take you to scroll down to the G's

If I had 650 B's and I wanted to find "Bridge", I'd find by Name and type in "BR" and scroll down to "Bridge". Wha's th' problem? :D

Edited by Neo_Geo

Does anybody here get the feeling that Honest Pleasure and Crazy Diamond are the same user?

Looks like a "Sock Puppet" account to me :lol:

The 9th paragraph of the FORUM GUIDELINES reads as follows:

Sock Puppet accounts will not be allowed. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts will be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of Groundspeak.

Kinda tough to prove that allegation…..different IP address…..different states.

Oh, you mean like my situation where I have a computer at home in Virginia with one IP address, and another computer at work in Washington, DC with a different IP address?

Funny how it's all Honest Pleasure at one time of day, and then it switches to Crazy Diamond - with no alternating posts between the two.

Edited by Neo_Geo