Go Ape

A quick update for those attending:

Unfortunately, we could not get a booking for Go Ape in the morning, so the booking has been made for 3.30pm. This should give enough time to do some local caches first. The following people are booked in for Go Ape:

Pengy

Tigger

Cave Troll

M1EYO

Seasider

Inukshuk

Mini Inukshuk

Kiwigary

Kiwitulip

LordElph

Anyone else who wants to swing will have to arrange their booking themselves. This can be done through the Go Ape website.

We still have 6 pitches left for camping. You don't have to be taking part in the swinging to come camping.

T

Edited by Pengy&Tigger

A boat trip sounds good :lol: but a swim? how deep is it? I swim like a true sailor, would rather drown than float as shark food when the ship sinks <_<:unsure: will see if I can buy a crewsaver lifejacket or similar :blink:

stay safe

Bill

Edited by marinor
A boat trip sounds good  :lol:  but a swim? how deep is it? I swim like a true sailor, would rather drown than float as shark food when the ship sinks  <_<  :lol:  will see if I can buy a crewsaver lifejacket or similar  :huh:

stay safe

Bill

:unsure:

The cache I am referring to is this one...

Ling along a lucky

... where you can wade across as the water is only knee deep (unless you are John Stead or Cave Troll or Joan!! :blink: ).

The Conistion cache is...

Swallows and Amazons

.. and the cost of boat hire is...

Cost of Boat Hire on Coniston

... we would need a good couple of hours on the lake as the cache is about 3.25 miles away so if 8 of us got in a motor boat then that would be £70 between us or £8.75 each.

If we can do a list of who is interested then I'll make a booking for the Saturday morning.

I should add that there are a couple of cracking real ale pubs in Coniston for some lunch afterwards - will be just perfect preparation for Go Ape later in the afternoon!! :D

Cheers!

Seasider

:):)

Time has crept up on me and I'd forgotten the event was this weekend!! :rolleyes:

I'll be able to nip up tomorrow for the Go Ape but no chance of making it for camping tonight (and will probably have to come back Sat eve). :)

Let me know if I owe anyone for a camping deposit and I'll sort them out tomorrow.

I'll get up tomorrow as early as I can for the boating. Current plan is to do Windermere by motor launch but we'll play it by ear and see what everyone wants.

See you tomorrow!! :D

Seasider

:laughing: Well done to all the gorillas and baboons that atttempted the Go Ape course.

Although not everyone completed the whole course they all deserve a pat on the back (not just to remove the grit sand :laughing: ) for giving it a go and entertaining the spectators below.

A special mention must go to the baboons as they were only just tall enough and found some of the obstacles quite challenging but dug deep and went the whole way round with true grit and determination.

A thoroughly enjoyable weekend! :lol:

Many thanks to P&T and CT&E for organising such a superb event. A great camping spot made even better by having our own private part of the woodland! :anibad:

Congrats to everyone who finished the Go Ape course :) - don't know how you did it - Stage 2 was more than enough for me!! :lol:;)

Can't wait until next year - if I get more organised then perhaps we can do some boating! :)

Cheers!

Seasider

P.S. Good luck to Marinor at Starlight Castle! ;)