Problem With Britsh Grid On Etrex Summit

I have a Garmin Etrex Summit and I have a problem that although I have set British Grid the coordinates are a few hundred metres off. I had this problem once before when I first started using it but I can't remember the fix. Can anyone suggest what I've got set wrong please ?

Tony

If it is similar to the Legend.

You need to set the Position Format to British Grid and the

Map Datum to Ord Srvy GB

If it's similar to the Legend, if you select British Grid, it will automatically change the Map Datum to Ord Serv GB and conversely, if you select H:DD:MM.MMM it will automatically set the Map Datum to WGS84.

If it is similar to the Legend.

You need to set the Position Format to British Grid and the

Map Datum to Ord Srvy GB

If it's similar to the Legend, if you select British Grid, it will automatically change the Map Datum to Ord Serv GB and conversely, if you select H:DD:MM.MMM it will automatically set the Map Datum to WGS84.

That's correct John.

But if you change the Map Datum to Ord Srvy GB first, the Position Format stays at hddd° mm.mmm.

That is possibly what caused the upset at Christmas time with the cache in N Beds.

I've looked on my summit and as people have said about the legend, the summit does automatically change the map datum to ord srvy GB when you change the position format to British Grid. If you change the format back to hdd mm.mmm it automatically changes the map datum to WGS 84. I would suggest that you check that your summit is doing this. Mine does and I don't have problems with the British Grid being wrong.

Edited by rjl194
I've looked on my summit and as people have said about the legend, the summit does automatically change the map datum to ord srvy GB when you change the position format to British Grid. If you change the format back to hdd mm.mmm it automatically changes the map datum to WGS 84. I would suggest that you check that your summit is doing this. Mine does and I don't have problems with the British Grid being wrong.

Hmmm, I've tried it and mine doesn't do that automatically.

Tony