What Happens After You Hit Submit?

cantuland

I have yet to find out an answer to a question. I am about to place my first cache. I would like to put the GC number on the "You found it" note, as well as the cache name and date hidden (date listed to the public). Then I want to laminate the "You found it" note to make it waterproof.

My question(s) is(are), once I hit submit and the data zooms away into cyberspace, do I get a grace period after approval where I can print out the cache sheet, do the laminating, and stock the cache with this paper stuff BEFORE the whole world rushes to my cache and wonders why there aren't any notes? Do I get to "activate" the cache at my leisure after it gets approved? How do I find out the GC number before the cache gets listed? I don't want to just hit the submit button on a gambled hunch. I have been searching around but can't find any answers. Other than that, I'm ready to start placing caches all over the place.

cantuland, south central Kansas

UNCHECK the box that says "this cache is currently active" before you hit submit. You will get a GCxxxx number assigned and the cache page will be viewable to you (and only you). Once you are ready to submit it for review, go to the cache page and click the EDIT button, check that box saying it is active and re-submit. Then it will enter the reviewer's queue.

Edited by Stunod
UNCHECK the box that says "this cache is currently active" before you hit submit. You will get a GCxxxx number assigned and the cache page will be viewable to you (and only you). Once you are ready to submit it for review, go to the cache page and click the EDIT button, check that box saying it is active and re-submit. Then it will enter the reviewer's queue.

When it enters the reviewer's queue is it also viewable by all users of geocaching.com?

UNCHECK the box that says "this cache is currently active" before you hit submit.  You will get a GCxxxx number assigned and the cache page will be viewable to you (and only you).  Once you are ready to submit it for review, go to the cache page and click the EDIT button, check that box saying it is active and re-submit.  Then it will enter the reviewer's queue.

When it enters the reviewer's queue is it also viewable by all users of geocaching.com?

Nope, only the approvers.

I have heard of caches with the (not ready) box checked get approved. I was a "victim" of such a cache. I spent two days (an hour each day) searching for a listed cache that was not yet placed by the hider. He claimed he checked the box...things I do to be FTF <_<

I think it's a good idea to hide everything first then ask for approval. If for some reason the cache is not, you can always remove it later.