Wifi Access Near Coniston

Yes, coniston does seem to be a bit of a cold spot! We're wanting to do the Quest for the ring of power and Nuts about Cumbria and both really require internet access during the week. ...

The Ring doesn't need internet access, just print the photos off before you go, they are quite useful. Oh and read the description carefully so you are prepared....

If you're using BT Openzone, the nearest point to Coniston seems to be in Windermere (Grey Walls Hotel), according to my slightly out-of-date Excel spreadsheet downloaded from BT.com. Rutson is quite correct, by the way: note that there were no spoiler pictures when I did the Ring and they would have made a big difference!

HH

I don't think Coniston has had broadband for very long and at the moment they only have a maximum of 1Mb connections available. I'm pretty sure there is no internet cafe there (haven't been for a couple of months) but some of the bigger hotels may have facilities but possibly just for residents?

Sorry I can't recommend anywhere directly but maybe a few enquiries through http://www.coniston-net.com/ may produce a result.

Have a great time here in the lakes.

Someone in the nearest village has bound to have a nice unsecured connection you can "borrow".

:P

Had already thought about driving around trying to find an unsecure connection! We just thought we'd ask here 1st before resorting to such tactics. Will have a look on that website though and see if there is anything there.