Sig Cards

I.R. Geonut

One common rule of thumb is: "Trade even or trade up." So if I had a sig card, I would take nothing and leave it, or do a trade *and* leave a card.

Also, take a look at the log pages of the caches in your area. It may not tell you what's "right", but it will give you an idea of what others are doing.

I always try to leave a few sig cards in each cache. I look at them as interesting items to collect. I will take a sig card if its there and is not one I have already. I wish more people would leave a few of their sig items rather than just one. Cost is a factor, though. If I trade for other items, that is separate and I will try to leave something of greater value.

One of the things I learned from my first several cache finds is that many caches are filled with old used Burger King toys and such. As I have found more caches, I have become much less interested in trading for the sake of trading. I always carry a few nice items, though just in case I find something I really like.