60c And Multiple Maps

I have metroguide that I am going to install as soon as unit gets here. I know I need City Select but I already have metroguide for now. A buddy has the same set up and tried install topo also and he said one replaced the other. I know both can be installed but don't know how to do it or pull each up since my unit won't be here until later today.

I have City Select and Topo. If you load them both at the same time you're fine. If you load one, then the other, then the one will overwrite the other

To switch between them, go to the map screeen and select SETUP MAP. Hit the menu button again and you will able to select Metroguide or Topo.

Edited by briansnat
I have metroguide that I am going to install as soon as unit gets here. I know I need City Select but I already have metroguide for now. A buddy has the same set up and tried install topo also and he said one replaced the other. I know both can be installed but don't know how to do it or pull each up since my unit won't be here until later today.

Your buddy probably uploaded a map, and then uploaded a 2nd map. The 2nd upload overwrote the first. If you want two different maps uploaded into your Garmin, you have to upload them at the SAME TIME because each upload procedure overwrites what is already on the GPS.

When in mapsource, load the map product you want to use, then select the map areas you want to upload to the GPS. Then load the other map product and select its map areas that you want to upload. THEN you can upload to your GPS and both map areas will get installed.

Of course, only one of them will be visible at any time. You can switch btwn various map products in your GPS by selectively hiding each product's display.

GeoBC