Map Source

Hi,

I have Map source that came with my Garmin 276c. We use it for both our gps's.

It is a great program.

Since I have been running pocket queries lately I download them into GSAK, then into my palm and Map Source. It seems though that I can only download nineteen way points into my gps (either one, the 276 or the 60cs) from Map Source. Has anyone else experienced this, and can someone offer advise?

Thank you,

The Saints (Scott)

Sure there are a bunc of prog the one I use is GPXSonar it's free and it lets you essentually see the geocaching webpages with the most recent posts and decripst the hint's for you too.. I love it. are you using as a gps unit or just need it for the info? i use my Garmin 60cs and my hp 4700 both they work great togather.

I have Map source that came with my Garmin 276c. We use it for both our gps's.

It is a great program.

Since I have been running pocket queries lately I download them into GSAK, then into my palm and Map Source. It seems though that I can only download nineteen way points into my gps (either one, the 276 or the 60cs) from Map Source. Has anyone else experienced this, and can someone offer advise?

Thank you,

The Saints (Scott)

Hi Scott,

That is a very odd problem. I've gone though the options in mapsource and I can't see why you're having this problem.

The only thing I can think of is you don't have them set as unique names and when it uploads them, it's truckating <sp> them into the same name so you're only getting one location when there are multiples with the same name.

Try exporting the caches you want to find to an MPS file via GSAK. Make sure in the Waypoint name section you have waypoint name tag as "%smart" (w/o the quotes) and the max # of characters as 10.

Let us know how that works if at all.

odragon, idiosyncratic,

That sounds like great advise. I just recently changed the characters to max from 10. And I do not know if my waypoint nametag is on % smart.

I do not know how to bring it to an MPS file, I don't even know what that is.

As for the Map source version, it is 6.2, I'll try to update it if they will let me.

Thanks for the help.

If you feel like getting back to me about the MPS file, I'll dig it. :(

Odragon,

You my friend are a genius.

I had goofed with the number of characters a few days back and moved it up to 100. Last night I moved it back to 20 (it wont let me go to 10, and it gave me to move to 20 or leave unchanged) and wha-la, it worked. I loaded 27 at once and could have done more if I wanted.

Thanks

Scott

:ph34r::huh::unsure: