N. G. Topo

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to solve a problem with NG TOPO (Northeast USA) and communication between my GPS and computer?

The program displays a message stating that "The COM port is in use by another application".

Obviously, it's not.

I've tried each port, disconnecting everything, and re-installing the software.

I have a Pocket PC (not a Palm) which doesn't seem to be an issue according to NG's website.

Thanks.

I had the same exact problem with NG state topo. I didn't even have a PPC but I got the same message whenever I would try to connect my 76S to the serial com. port. Never could a answer from NG tech. support. There are terrible in help to solve a problem. The only way I could get the serial port to work was to uninstall it and shut down the computer then reboot. Then I would install the serial port and it would work until I turned the computer off and then the next reboot would yield the same " Port being used by another application ". I have never used a PPC and hot sync was never enabled. My 76CS uses the USB port and there is no problem with it.