San Diego Banter

TrailGators

Great response TFTC only you may have blown our plea to borrow RocketMan's Rubi'. Harmon

Is that another Fox Paw on my part? I thought that was Dave's Red Rubicon. Did Flagman get one too?

Good gosh, I can't believe I did that.

Well, it had to be one of those *man characters. :cry:
Great response TFTC only you may have blown our plea to borrow RocketMan's Rubi'. Harmon

Is that another Fox Paw on my part? I thought that was Dave's Red Rubicon. Did Flagman get one too?

Good gosh, I can't believe I did that.

Heck I thought I did it! I guess we both get CRS sometimes! :cry:

You guys are too much. I'm loving all the cool pictures of the Rubicon. Now I have to get it out there and take some real pictures of it in that kind of scenery. I also have to go back a few lessons and get caught back up so I can have some fun with this one too. Thanks Harmon for the lessons and to everyone else for the fun pics. RM

You guys are too much. I'm loving all the cool pictures of the Rubicon. Now I have to get it out there and take some real pictures of it in that kind of scenery. I also have to go back a few lessons and get caught back up so I can have some fun with this one too. Thanks Harmon for the lessons and to everyone else for the fun pics. RM

Coming soon:

bc0ad051-f492-48f6-b8bb-7a2e71c23830.jpg

Edited by TrailGators

Coming soon:

bc0ad051-f492-48f6-b8bb-7a2e71c23830.jpg

Not in a million years! That is Darwin Award material.

I almost cr%#ed my pants just watching this video.

Edit: I like the line about "I'm not showing this video to my insurance company."

"This is frightening me out of my skull, which is now empty. If I had anything in it I wouldn't be doing this!"

"I paid ten dollars to do this! 'Hi, here's ten dollars; I'd like to die. Thanks!'"

Great video Dave! :D

Edited by TrailGators

Edit: I like the line about "I'm not showing this video to my insurance company."

"This is frightening me out of my skull, which is now empty. If I had anything in it I wouldn't be doing this!"

"I paid ten dollars to do this! 'Hi, here's ten dollars; I'd like to die. Thanks!'"

Lion's Back not for seesies? Let me see now, the freefall equations are .... But how do you account for bounces?

Thanks for the link RocketMan. Was it Parsa and who else did that climb last year? Looking forward to seeing the red Rubi' on that climb.

Wonder if I could walk it?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Lion's Back not for seesies? Let me see now, the freefall equations are .... But how do you account for bounces?

Thanks for the link RocketMan. Was it Parsa and who else did that climb last year? Looking forward to seeing the red Rubi' on that climb.

You could always try this technique. :D Edited by TFTC

You could always try this technique. :D

Ok, you guys have really got me freaked out now!!! :D

Wonder if he learned anything?

Wonder if he learned anything?

Actually, the first thought thru my mind was that she really did quite an incredible job. :D I'd probably have bounced off the high side of the cliff. :D
You guys are a bunch of sissies!

This guy says that "The Lions Back" "It really isn't that challenging..." and "It is like going to...Disneyland". He rates the whole trail a "3". I have done tougher trails in my VW Pick-up and I am sure Richard (duganrm) would do it in his Mustang! :lol::laughing:

We'll be in Moab in October. So why don't you come up and we'll have a little party and then watch you do it in your VW pickup (or any vehicle for that matter)! :D

You guys are a bunch of sissies!

This guy says that "The Lions Back" "It really isn't that challenging..." and "It is like going to...Disneyland". He rates the whole trail a "3". I have done tougher trails in my VW Pick-up and I am sure Richard (duganrm) would do it in his Mustang! :lol::laughing:

He rated "Fins and Things" a 3, not Lions Back.

Here is his quote on Lions back: "It really isn't that challenging of an obstacle, but the cost of making a mistake could be huge!"

It's the "cost of a mistake" that would keep me off of it. Damaging a vehicle is one thing, but killing yourself is a whole other ballgame.

Unless you have seen it in person, you can't imagine how hairy it really is.

Dave

:o:o

Unless you have seen it in person, you can't imagine how hairy it really is.Dave

I agree! My first thoughts when I saw it were: "No Fricking way!" :D

We'd pay money to see you go up Lion's Back, GoBolts!

I think if you saw it in person.........or is that....in rock?......you would see what we're talking about,

it's actually 'fricking hairy' !! :sad:

The Splashes

:D:sad:

Unless you have seen it in person, you can't imagine how hairy it really is.Dave

I agree! My first thoughts when I saw it were: "No Fricking way!" :o

I think if you saw it in person.........or is that....in rock?......you would see what we're talking about,

it's actually 'fricking hairy' !! :o

The Splashes

No way...I pissed myself (twice) just watching the video...I was bored and wanted to stir up the forums...so I took partial quotes to slightly change their meaning.... :D I don't think any of you are sissies...besides Duncan!

I saw your pictures from your trip last year...I don't think I could have even been a passenger for that stuff...it freaked me out...There is no way I could do it. You guys Rock...I suck!

:ph34r::ph34r:

I agree! My first thoughts when I saw it were: "No Fricking way!" :lol:

it's actually 'fricking hairy' !! ;)

The Splashes

No way...I pissed myself (twice) just watching the video...I was bored and wanted to stir up the forums...so I took partial quotes to slightly change their meaning.... :lol: I don't think any of you are sissies...besides Duncan!

I saw your pictures from your trip last year...I don't think I could have even been a passenger for that stuff...it freaked me out...There is no way I could do it. You guys Rock...I suck!

You aren't alone. I know at least one person (not me) that had to get out of Mrs. 4x4 a few times because the places we were about to go up or down were very narly. I remember him saying something like: "Stop! I'm getting out! You guys are crazy!" :o It was a rush! ;)

Looking forward to seeing the red Rubi' on that climb.

Only if you Photoshop it up there!

Dave is that you way up there? :laughing:

Michael.jpg

There's fun and there's crazy. I wish you all luck who try to straddle that line! :laughing:

The spotter pointed for him to go to the right! Ouch :blink:

Notice that the dog is smart enough not to go up there! :blink:

I am taking the family on an easy day trip to the pertoglyphs at Little Blair Valley, Anza Borrego State Park. After that we are going up the the split at Borrego MT. We are going to do some Geocaching along the way. If anyone is interested, email me.

rm975@yahoo.com

Hey Harmon, I'm in Laredo, Texas! I had barbecue for lunch and I had barbecued ribs for dinner with some incredible hot sauce! The ribs came with cornbread and beans. Boy was it good! I chased it all down with a couple of Shiner Bock's! I checked the area for caches and there is one about a mile from my hotel. Since we take shuttles down to Nuevo Laredo, I didn't rent a car. So I'm not walking two miles in this very hot sticky Texas weather to get some urban micro. Instead I came back to by cool hotel room and I am watching the baseball game on ESPN. <_<

Hey Harmon, I'm in Laredo, Texas! I had barbecue for lunch and I had barbecued ribs for dinner with some incredible hot sauce! The ribs came with cornbread and beans. Boy was it good! I chased it all down with a couple of Shiner Bock's! I checked the area for caches and there is one about a mile from my hotel. Since we take shuttles down to Nuevo Laredo, I didn't rent a car. So I'm not walking two miles in this very hot sticky Texas weather to get some urban micro. Instead I came back to by cool hotel room and I am watching the baseball game on ESPN. <_<

Let me see - Air Conditioned Hotel, Beer, Game or Walk 2 miles in the sweltering Texas sun to score a micro.

Tough Choice :lol:

Hey Harmon, I'm in Laredo, Texas! I had barbecue for lunch and I had barbecued ribs for dinner with some incredible hot sauce! The ribs came with cornbread and beans. Boy was it good! I chased it all down with a couple of Shiner Bock's! I checked the area for caches and there is one about a mile from my hotel. Since we take shuttles down to Nuevo Laredo, I didn't rent a car. So I'm not walking two miles in this very hot sticky Texas weather to get some urban micro. Instead I came back to by cool hotel room and I am watching the baseball game on ESPN. :lol:

Let me see - Air Conditioned Hotel, Beer, Game or Walk 2 miles in the sweltering Texas sun to score a micro.

Tough Choice :D

It would have been nice to add Texas to my cache map but it just ain't worth it! <_<

Hey Harmon, I'm in Laredo, Texas! I had barbecue for lunch and I had barbecued ribs for dinner with some incredible hot sauce! The ribs came with cornbread and beans. Boy was it good! I chased it all down with a couple of Shiner Bock's! I checked the area for caches and there is one about a mile from my hotel. Since we take shuttles down to Nuevo Laredo, I didn't rent a car. So I'm not walking two miles in this very hot sticky Texas weather to get some urban micro. Instead I came back to by cool hotel room and I am watching the baseball game on ESPN. :D

Tough Choice :o

It would have been nice to add Texas to my cache map but it just ain't worth it! <_<

Hey! I walked from my hotel room to a cache in AZ about a month ago in 98 degree weather. Wasn't quite 2 miles, maybe more like 1 mile round trip...... I did it though! I do have to admit...it was a *dry* heat. :lol:

Hey Harmon, I'm in Laredo, Texas! I had barbecue for lunch and I had barbecued ribs for dinner with some incredible hot sauce! The ribs came with cornbread and beans. Boy was it good! I chased it all down with a couple of Shiner Bock's! I checked the area for caches and there is one about a mile from my hotel. Since we take shuttles down to Nuevo Laredo, I didn't rent a car. So I'm not walking two miles in this very hot sticky Texas weather to get some urban micro. Instead I came back to by cool hotel room and I am watching the baseball game on ESPN. :o

Tough Choice :D

It would have been nice to add Texas to my cache map but it just ain't worth it! :o

Hey! I walked from my hotel room to a cache in AZ about a month ago in 98 degree weather. Wasn't quite 2 miles, maybe more like 1 mile round trip...... I did it though! I do have to admit...it was a *dry* heat. <_<

Texas is humid! Trust me, if you were here, you'd be watching the baseball game with me! :lol:

Texas BBQ, cornbread, and red beans, that's the whole experience ... almost. Get your fork into some authentic pecan pie, real chili, chicken-fried steak, and split a hundred-pounder Texas watermelon so's you can eat the heart out of it.

Stay away from Bush Stew if you see it on cafe menus.

Little know fact is that pecans were native only to Texas in the beginning. Pecans and honey brought the early settlers through the harsh winters.

Don't forget to mash th' gas out of th' red beans with your fork before eating them.

Yeehaw!

Harmon

Laredo huh? Boy are you ever lost.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Texas BBQ, cornbread, and red beans, that's the whole experience ... almost. Get your fork into some authentic pecan pie, real chili, chicken-fried steak, and split a hundred-pounder Texas watermelon so's you can eat the heart out of it.

Stay away from Bush Stew if you see it on cafe menus.

Little know fact is that pecans were native only to Texas in the beginning. Pecans and honey brought the early settlers through the harsh winters.

Don't forget to mash th' gas out of th' red beans with your fork before eating them.

Yeehaw!

Harmon

Laredo huh? Boy are you ever lost.

ohmygosh! YUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *love* pecan pie....and warm cornbread, with butter. ...and I had a salad at Joe's Crab Shack tonight. What was I thinking ordering a salad??