Listing A Cache Then Immediately Archiving

WH

Ok. Here's the scenario.

The anniversary of my grandfather's passing is approaching and Id like to release a special TB who's goal would be to make it to his grave. I don't want a cache placed on or near his grave. I'm also too far away to maintain a multi that uses his grave marker.

What Id like to do I submit a cache listing with the coordinates to his grave, have it listed then immediately archived. This way, whomever actually paces the TB on his grave will have a listing to drop it in even though there is no actual cache there.

Would this be possible?

Ok. Here's the scenario.

The anniversary of my grandfather's passing is approaching and Id like to release a special TB who's goal would be to make it to his grave. I don't want a cache placed on or near his grave. I'm also too far away to maintain a multi that uses his grave marker.

What Id like to do I submit a cache listing with the coordinates to his grave, have it listed then immediately archived. This way, whomever actually paces the TB on his grave will have a listing to drop it in even though there is no actual cache there.

Would this be possible?

Sure, host an event there on the day you expect the TB to reach it's goal.

First. I highly doubt an event at a grave would go over too well.

Second. Im in Massachusetts and his grave is in Wyoming so hosting an event anywhere close would be a logistical nightmare for me.

Third. How does one even begin to predict when a Travel Bug would reach its destination? B)

First. I highly doubt an event at a grave would go over too well.

Second. Im in Massachusetts and his grave is in Wyoming so hosting an event anywhere close would be a logistical nightmare for me.

Third. How does one even begin to predict when a Travel Bug would reach its destination? B)

1. No, a gravesite event cache probably wouldn't be very exciting, but you could use it as the starting point for the day's activities.

2. Being from out of the area, you might need to enlist the help of other cachers to help setup for the event. I hosted a meet and greet event in California while I was on vacation, but then, I already knew the area having lived there for many years.

3. I have no idea, but you could send the TB to a nearby cache, then when it gets close, post the event cache for a specific date and change the TB goals page. Request that someone from the area pick up the bug and bring it to the event.

This isn't necessarily easy to setup, but I think it's better than having a vacation cache at the cemetary.

This way, whomever actually paces the TB on his grave will have a listing to drop it in even though there is no actual cache there.

My thoughts on this:

You could award the person a "Find" log on one of your own caches even though they didn't actually visit your cache. This would be to reward them for placing your tb at its goal, an effort worthy of a cache find.

The person who places the tb to your satisfaction should post a photo (on the tb page) of themselves at the site with the tb in the correct position.

If you want miles traveled to be as close as is practical the final tb holder could log the tb in/out of the nearest cache or with special permission from the nearest cache owner you could log it in/out yourself.

Once the tb is in place at the grave you can then place it in "Unknown" status or simply "Grab" it back.

Edited by Team Sagefox
The anniversary of my grandfather's passing is approaching

How much time do you have?

Good luck....

May 24th. I wanted to release the TB on that date in hopes it makes it there by May 24th, 2006.

Another small issue is that I dont have the exact coordinates of the gravesite. The best Ill be able to do is give coordinates for the town, name of the cemetary and a picure of the headstone.