60c /gsak Questions

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Just got my 60c and am using GSAK to download the waypoints. I have assigned the hint to be downloaded into the notes section on the 60cm problem is I only get part of it. Is the notes section limited to 30 characters even though it appears there is room for more or is that all that GSAK is sending to the unit.

I am assuming I cant get more than 30 characters so my next ??? would be if I can add the hints to the geocache list in GSAK (it not a column option that I can find) where I could just do a filter to get the caches I want and print out the list which would include the hints.

Thanks for any help

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Just got my 60c and am using GSAK to download the waypoints. I have assigned the hint to be downloaded into the notes section on the 60cm problem is I only get part of it. Is the notes section limited to 30 characters even though it appears there is room for more or is that all that GSAK is sending to the unit.

I am assuming I cant get more than 30 characters so my next ??? would be if I can add the hints to the geocache list in GSAK (it not a column option that I can find) where I could just do a filter to get the caches I want and print out the list which would include the hints.

Thanks for any help

You are correct. Even though it looks like you can have alot of text, the space in limited to 30 characters. I hope Garmin will unlock it's potential in a later firmware release. Time will tell.

I found that most hints are too long for the notes so I don't use hints at all now. For me, the information that helps the most is:

%DROP2 %TYP1/%CON1 %DIF/%TER %BUG %LAST4 %DATELF

This info just fits into the 30 digit category.

When you select the print option just add a custom column. You can use any special tags but for hints just enter as per the picture below:

print1.png