My Cull

Following recent debate I am going to reduce my active caches down to 30 total.

Not included in that figure but up for adoption are:-

Goldfinger Revisted GCG7K7 (Cardiff Bay) and

Asparagus Anyone GCGT2A (Keynance Cove nr The Lizard)

Please contact me through my profile if you are interested.

Any others willing to follow suit?

Edited by 2202

I'd follow suit if I felt there was a good point. Certainly caches a long way from home are a good place to start, but since I set myself a 25-mile radius maximum (excluding my one virtual in London) that doesn't really effect me.

I'd say to Tony that if he wants to weed out his weakest caches, that's a good thing, but slashing just for the sake of it benefits no one.

One other thought, if you put a cache up for an adoption, is that culling it...? ;)

SP

Weed, Cull, its the same thing. Basically clearing out dead wood, (weak ones)

The two for adoption are not part of it, being contemplating them for some time. They are also in cache deserts so to speak

Someones got to make a gesture. It might as well start here!

Following recent debate I am going to reduce my active caches down to 30 total.

Not included in that figure but up for adoption are:-

Goldfinger Revisted GCG7K7 (Cardiff Bay) and

Asparagus Anyone GCGT2A (Keynance Cove nr The Lizard)

Please contact me through my profile if you are interested.

Any others willing to follow suit?

I am happy to look after your Cardiff cache.

As I live in Cardiff it shouldn't be a problem with our reviewers.

I will contact you privately.

Dave - The Gecko's

I've reread my original post and it's 40% ruder than I intended. Sorry Tony.

I've been thinking on what you've been saying and suspect I may remove some of my older caches in the next few months. There is at least one I know I can live without (Cache in the Attic) and will seriously review some others. Not least to free up some room for new cachers to recycle the areas, and give me the chance to find their offerings!

SP

I warn you, it's rubbish* but it'll be there 'til I next pass, which will be a few weeks. So you're safe (except from boredom) for now.

SP

*Unlike Treacle Well in Binsley nr. Oxford which 2202 archived this morning. One of my all-time favourite micros in a spot so deserving of a cache it makes me weep! I hope someone else pops one there again soon. A multi based on a walk up the lane, as a suggestion :grin:

*Unlike Treacle Well in Binsley nr. Oxford which 2202 archived this morning. One of my all-time favourite micros in a spot so deserving of a cache it makes me weep! I hope someone else pops one there again soon. A multi based on a walk up the lane, as a suggestion :(

Fully agree with you there Paul, a great location (if a little high for the vertically challenged like myself :D ). What a shame to see it go, might just come up with a replacement myself. I had planed on putting one there at the same time as Tony anyway.

Don't be too hasty Tony, as has been said earlier peoples taste vary, although I do have to agree on UC 13 :( . Theres still plenty of room around hear for good caches like yours, and not every one has to be a 5 star puzzle cache :D .

I am glad the Geckos have volunteered to adopt Goldfinger Revisited, as I actually enjoyed doing that one. It was a real challenge to get to it and do the biz unobserved (especially as some so and so had parked his boat hard up against the cache!). And, as has been said before, the Cardiff area is a bit of a cache desert and could do with more, not less caches. I am doing my best to recruit geocachers in the South Wales area!!