Long Distance!

heligator

Go to the profiles for some geocachers whom you know as prolific finders and movers of travel bugs. On the statistics tab, click on their list of TB's found. Then sort the list by distance traveled and check out the pages for the TB's that are at the top of the sort column.

There used to be a tracked statistic for the top ten travel bugs by miles traveled, but this led to abuse (logging just to inflate mileage) so the feature was dropped. With the increased popularity of personal TB's, virtual TB's, multi-part TB's, etc., any such listing would not be an accurate representation of the bugs who have travelled the longest out in the wild, the way that the Goddess Eartha intended for them to travel.

...With the increased popularity of personal TB's...etc., any such listing would not be an accurate representation of the bugs who have travelled the longest out in the wild, the way that the Goddess Eartha intended for them to travel.

Er, um, (cough), you may want to check with the head frog KA; he is the one who first suggested the idea of personal travel bugs, and there was no mention of any "Goddess Eartha" cr*p at the time.

But of course I'm biased, because I think my own personal travel bug holds the record for most geocaching miles actually traveled.

The highest mileage "free range" travel bug I own is currently this one with 20,588 miles, and the highest mileage travel bug I've found in a cache is "Fly with Me (HAM)" (currently 42,592 miles), but I know there are others out there with considerably more miles.

(Keystone Approver @ Apr 19 2005, 06:17 PM)

...With the increased popularity of personal TB's...etc., any such listing would not be an accurate representation of the bugs who have travelled the longest out in the wild, the way that the Goddess Eartha intended for them to travel.

Gee, thanks for the compliment?

It's a mighty tall climb up to the top of that pedestal, I think I'll just stay down here with the regular folks. :unsure:

edit to add a smile :laughing:

Edited by Eartha